Weird Bug Bite!!!

pinky1963

Jan 25, 2009
I was hoping someone could help me identify a bug that bit me. I got bit on Rancho Llanno ( I think that is the name). The bug was beetle like- round on the back side, pointed at the head. It was half sky blue (back round end) and the pointed head end was pink with a small gold or yellow dot. It crawled on my leg then sunk it's teeth in-leaving no mark. I tried Google images but cannot find anything like it. Does anyone have any ideas? I am not concerned over it being dangerous, just curious as to what it was.

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
I was hoping someone could help me identify a bug that bit me. I got bit on Rancho Llanno ( I think that is the name). The bug was beetle like- round on the back side, pointed at the head. It was half sky blue (back round end) and the pointed head end was pink with a small gold or yellow dot. It crawled on my leg then sunk it's teeth in-leaving no mark. I tried Google images but cannot find anything like it. Does anyone have any ideas? I am not concerned over it being dangerous, just curious as to what it was.

Maybe it's here in this gallery.

Chrysina Gallery

Here's the full gallery. http://www-museum.unl.edu/research/entomology/Guide/Scarabs Gallery/index.html

Last edited:

pinky1963

Jan 25, 2009
No, checked all the pics and none are even close. That is why it intrigues me. It was a beautiful looking bug until it bit me. I was letting it crawl on my leg just to get a better look at it. Can anyone else help?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Sorry, but next time wear long pants!

Watch the bite site and make sure you do not get it infected...I was thinking tick but they do not move fast when engorged.

Most of the beetles here don't bite, at least in my experience..

Please keep us apprised of this event..

HB