Health care

mengedegna

Jan 10, 2009
I am thinking about staying in Santiago for 6 months to a year (maybe longer). Does anyone know anything about health insurance options and physical/Occupational therapy services in Santiago? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ;)

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Traveler's insurance

If you are not planning on living here, your best bet would be short term traveler's insurance. There are lots of plans, offerred by lots of companies and depend of what type of coverage you are looking for. Short term insurance like this are intended to cover rather emergencies - such a heart attacks and accidents and usually include repatriation coverage that will get you home quickly and back on the books of your home insurance company. This assumes that you have good health insurance at home.

It will also assume that you will pick up incidental charges - such as physical therapy -

You can just google - there are some which are run by Aetna in the States and some run out of the UK. If you get stuck and need more help, send me a PM and I will send you the email of my broker, who can answer your questions.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
On another note!!!!!!!! I need to get health insurance for a 37 year old kid, her mother who is diabetic and her 6 year old who runs the house. Perferably in the Cerro Alto area. HB or any other dr1's in santiago any help would be apprieciated.

And TAMBO no stupid comments please. Give me a call. Jumbo

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
On another note!!!!!!!! I need to get health insurance for a 37 year old kid, her mother who is diabetic and her 6 year old who runs the house. Perferably in the Cerro Alto area. HB or any other dr1's in santiago any help would be apprieciated.

And TAMBO no stupid comments please. Give me a call. Jumbo

ARS UNIVERSAL- 809-724-2211
Seguros Universal
The office is located in Los Jardines Metropolitanos...Just call them...I am very happy with that health insurance..I have Supremo 2000 coverage....
Also, I heard that HUMANO is very good...good luck...

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Problem is coverage

I had ARS and as i head had a heart attack, their coverage denied anything that could be remotly connected with a heart attack or high blood pressure. And paid nothing on drugs

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
I had ARS and as i head had a heart attack, their coverage denied anything that could be remotly connected with a heart attack or high blood pressure. And paid nothing on drugs

Bienamor, sorry to hear that, this insurance has different type of plans and rules.... the first year, there is a few things that does not cover, and also you have to pay extra to get the medicine... my plan does not have medicine coverage, but I can upgrade it...
The best thing is to shop around, compare and see what is the best for your expectations...