Restaurant Bologna, Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

bebeto007

Mar 22, 2008
I went today to eat with my wife to the restaurant Bologna. I have done that several times, actually few times each week. Today the whole story changed, and the customer satisfaction was far dream after most miserable eating experience ever in Sosua.

My wife had everything perfect and her food was excellent as allways. Me on the other hand got a service that was rude and non professional from a waiter. First when I ordered a pizza with tuna and onions, I got a Quatro staggione probably because I ordered with these words: "pizza number fourteen, tuna and onions", where word fourteen distantly refers to word Quatro.

When I asked from the waiter that my Pizza doesn?t look like Tuna and Onion he started to verbally fight that I have ordered Quatro Stagione, which was not true. Even my wife witnessed that I clearly showed from the menu what I wanted. And that was once more the Tuna and Onions.

After a minute of arguing with the clumsy waiter which atleast on my opinion is ridiculous, since if the waiter makes a mistake he should take then extra care for the customer satisfaction.

So I waited..and waited...and my wife already finnished her perfect dinner. Then finally the pizza came, and I decided to take it with me in a box, and eat it later when I?m back home. Actually the arguing with the waiter already took away my appetite, so I quess it was more than understandable that I wanted to take it with me.

I was willing to forgive this one bad service from one unprofessional waiter, but now that I got back home the horrible truth hit me. The pizza they gave to me had been burned from the crust, and it is really no ways eatable. I quess the chef didn?t want to make me another pizza, and somehow wanted to give me a revenge for making me a pizza twice. Could this be true?

Pizzeria Bologna owners are putting up a new restaurant to Russians owned Gold?s gym. When you hire waiters and waitresses there, please educate them. Customer satisfaction might quarantee your success, however this kind of publicity will eat away your reliability to deliver food the way customers want. I am not sure weather I will ever again bring my Pesos to your restaurant. So hopefully I will calm down, and see that it was only one pizza making chef and one under educated waiter that caused me the misery and starvation tonight. I hope this kind of feedback will be taken seriously in restaurant Bologna.

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
unprofessional waiter, but now that I got back home the horrible truth hit me. The pizza they gave to me had been burned from the crust, and it is really no ways eatable. I quess the chef didn?t want to make me another pizza, and somehow wanted to give me a revenge for making me a pizza twice. Could this be true?

Pizzeria Bologna .

OMG!

Thank you for warning! I just was about to bring my guests to Bologna tomorrow for dinner!

You saved my day thank you unknown friend!

bebeto007

Mar 22, 2008
Other waiter

Hi,

I am trying to be straight forward and honest on my experiences. So don?t get me wrong, there is one really polite and good waiter who knows his job and is always willing to do his job properly. However, until I hear that this particular chef and the waiter who I was describing in my original post have been gone, I will vote with my feet.

It is a bit sad since all the other 99 times I?ve vited Bologna... I have enjoyed the service. However, since the chef seemed to join the waiters misery by messing up with the customers food (How sad is that?), there is no way I am going in eventhough the past between me and restaurant used to click.

Today I was more calmed down, but after I watched again the pizza crust... I felt really sad... And as a polite person I am not going to publish the swear words I had in me. Que Paso, restaurante Bologna?!?

Bebeto

ggparts

Mar 20, 2003
Tough Customer

Hi,

I am trying to be straight forward and honest on my experiences. So don?t get me wrong, there is one really polite and good waiter who knows his job and is always willing to do his job properly. However, until I hear that this particular chef and the waiter who I was describing in my original post have been gone, I will vote with my feet.

It is a bit sad since all the other 99 times I?ve vited Bologna... I have enjoyed the service. However, since the chef seemed to join the waiters misery by messing up with the customers food (How sad is that?), there is no way I am going in eventhough the past between me and restaurant used to click.

Today I was more calmed down, but after I watched again the pizza crust... I felt really sad... And as a polite person I am not going to publish the swear words I had in me. Que Paso, restaurante Bologna?!?

Bebeto

99% satisfaction and now you cannot return? Just seems a bit severe.
Maybe some type of communication with the management would sufice? Although I do not agree with wait staff that take out their frustrations with the customer everyone has a bad once in a while?

bebeto007

Mar 22, 2008
Jep, but the food is the severe thing

Hi,

if the waiter would have been the only reason, then I would have highly likelly wanted to go back. But since I got my pizza on second try burned, and in no ways eatable form... I think the outcome of the thinking should go: "There are lots of pizza available for me elsewhere in the North coast".

I am not a whiner. I just wanted the pizza I ordered, and I was asking that normally without raising my voice. When that leads to intensionally burned pizza, on my opinion something in the whole restaurant must be wrong. Sorry to say this for Bologna.

Bebeto

Last edited:

augustus

Dec 19, 2007
I have eaten there many times thru the years, always good.......Food fresh, American friendly ( won't get sick ) I would save the pizza, and explain and complain to owner, not management and you said the cook is a good cook, hard to find ..............
When the order was wrong, I don't know how strong your attitude may have been with the waiter, or percieved............I only know of 3 places that I order pizza's from in Sosua, guaranteed good and you said, your companion was more than somewhat satisfied, which seemed to trigger, even more, your dissatisfaction..............I, personally, don't mess with the cook, for many obvious reasons ( they are behind closed doors ).............And they have a good choice of food, other than pizza....

I don't own the place or know the owner, but based on you're experience, I would still recommend to my friends to go there, same waiter, same cook .............You didn't loose $20 or more or get sick, from the food and you are in a third world country where you have limited choices ........

You may not want to hear this, but I would suck it up, not complain to anyone and overly tip the waiter and make sure I tip the cook, personally ..........If I couldn't find a better restaurant in the area, which I'm sure you won't find many ..............

I had a problem, here in Philly, at a soul food restaurant, hostile take-out waitresses, but grinned and beared it,and started dropping money in the tip jar, hey, I love my food and once they realize, it's not the money, I like what I like, seems like no more problems, I even have them deliver to my house ..............

But tipping works, here and I know there, in fact ,I might tip them first,but that's how much I like my food............

When my wife left me years ago, she took all of my family reciepies with her, I remember that more than her leaving.............

bebeto007

Mar 22, 2008
Waiters name revealed, any opinions?

Hello augustus,

and thanks for the opinions, I share most of them and I do tip usually generously people after getting a good service. I have done that many times in Bologna as well.

Today I showed some other residents the waiter that served me yesterday, and his name seems to be Jose. I heard that he has been exellent while serving some other clients, however these clients also know me, and after I told them the full story they have been really shocked.

Only conclusion at this point might be that Jose taught that I was a tourists, and he treats tourists that way in these situations without being able to admit that he was the one who was wrong when writing down the order. Also remember that I stayed polite and calm all the way, without raising my voice like he did.

Over here in the DR1 in my private messages box I have received information which states that there has been situations where customer has been served rotten meat (message senders opinion). After refusing to eat his dish they have tried to make him pay in full, eventhough the food had been untouched. So it seems that sometimes things happen. Anyways when chef starts to play with the food of customers, like in my case, it is no way acceptable.

Here at my house has visited today regular customers of Restaurant Bologna, and they have been shocked after they saw the pizza and the crust I was given yesterday. So the owners will probably hear what has happened one way or the other.

Bebeto

scrubmuncher

On Vacation!
Jul 6, 2007
Thats a shame, me and my girl eat there or get a delivery from there a few times a week, I must admit I only eat the pizzas when we get a delivery but the Steak I have twice a week from there when we sit in is unbeatable anywhere else in Sosua. The waiters, well I have more of a problem with the girls than the guys, the camper than christmas waiter who cracks me up with his gayness as he parades around the floor is always a delight to be served from, very good at his job, and the other waiter (Ramon I think) is equally as efficient but haven't seen him for a while. A newer girl has started and has a right attitude, personally I wouldn't employ her in Mcdonalds and considering I expect my special nights out with my partner to be exactly that am considering moving my pesos down to waterfront, which is getting good praise, even after I had a bust up with the manager a few month ago for his attitude towards my partner.

I dunno where else has good reports now in Sosua, moving closer to pto plata anyway soon.

bebeto007

Mar 22, 2008
14 is tuna and onions

Yep, 14 is tuna and onions. I quess the waiter somehow mixed the word "fourteen" with quatro.

However this is not the point... Point is weather a waiter can then start blaming the customer for him being wrong, or should he e.g. improve the service and appologize since the customer was polite all the way. If I would run a restaurant, this is what I would ask my waiters to do.

And furthermore, the thing with the Bologna chef is really confusing...He made food that was burned and not eatable, and wanted that dish to be deliverred to the customer table...just to get somekind of sad revenge. This is the one that concerns me most, and it is really bad for the Bologna reputation.

Bebeto

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
blechhhhhh

This is the one that concerns me most, and it is really bad for the Bologna reputation.

I strongly doubt one burnt pizza is going to affect his bottom line.
Who puts tuna on a pizza anyway, that is worse than pineapple!

Every waiter has an "off day", If I were you, order take out next time.

tambo'

Last edited:

bebeto007

Mar 22, 2008
Hopefully you are right

I hope this wouldn?t happen to anyone else. However if it will happen, it is better to be public with the topic, and see the development. One burned pizza is nothing, but when its done on purpose it might have something to do with the reputation. As stated before...I got 99 times all the way satifaction, however one really bad night can ruin that relationship.

Bebeto

May 5, 2007
Bebe

One thing perplexes me: You received the incorrect order the first time yet neglected to check the replacement pizza until you got home???????????

bebeto007

Mar 22, 2008
Checking the pizza

Hi Island,

They brought me the pizza to the table, but since my wife had already finished her meal, and in away I was a bit confused of the behaviour of the waiter I decided to ask them to put my pizza into box for take away. First impression of the pizza on the plate looked ok, but that was not the case since the crust had been burned black from the bottom. I noticed that only when I got back home.

In away I wish that I had tried to eat it on the restaurant. Anyways it went this way, and now I am just tellin the story to the interested ones just incase this starts to be a common habit there. For me it is ok to go elsewhere, but for my business friends here feel a bit disapointed, but they understand what I mean after I showed them the pizza in my home today. One of them is actually willing to talk about the whole incident with the owners... On my perspective that doesn?t make any difference unless they will get rid off the waiter and the chef.

Bebeto

Last edited:

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
One error is fine but those were three errors one right after the other, most likely, without an apology...

1. Took order wrong. 1 strike
2. Argued with customer over order. 2 strikes
2. Burned the pizza. 3 strikes

Not knowing the owner or ever haven eaten at the place in question, I would personally never return.

But since so many people eat there and usually have positive experiences, I would personally make it a point to talk with the owner.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
This is a shame to hear as the owner is a nice guy and would be horrified to hear of something like this.
Please go and tell him so he can fix the problem.

bebeto007

Mar 22, 2008
I may talk with the owner, however I am still a bit confused of the whole incident and I need a bit time to clear my thinking. All the regulars that I know who are going there have also been horrified since they know I am a guy who doesn?t make a scene, and I am fair & honest in my doings. They know I am also a lover of a Italian food.

It is a pit? I didn?t select from the menu their excellent canneloni. With that you need
to be a magician to get the order wrong. d:eek:)

Thanks for the supportive understanding in this, I hope these "Dominican?" workers will learn something from this...somehow...sometime...somewhere...

Bebeto

Reactions: FernieBee

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
I understand that it's frustrating to go to a restaurant and get the service you got.
We go there or get delivery once a week. The servers have always been very nice and professional. A few times we sent the pizza back so the bottom could be a little more done to get the brick oven flavor which can sometimes lightly burn the bottom.

After reading your post my first reaction about the service would be maybe the waiter went off because the price of the pizza might come out of his pocket and/or he was scared of the chef, both things that happen in restaurants around the world.

I would also encourage you to call the owner and let him know your experience. Hopefully training not firing will result from your experience.

Miami vice

Oct 17, 2007
"One pizza all the way. hold the tuna" Thats how we order Pizza in Miami. and New York." Things not done to Pizza. little fish(Anchovies) on Pizza.NO .Pinapples on Pizza NO! NO! Canned tuna on Pizza.NO! Are you talking about ,like a $5.00 Pizza.? damn .That doesn't even qualify as a goumet Pizza. Forget it. Have to let it go.?

Caz

May 15, 2004
Went there last night and had delicious pasta, tender steak, courteous and attentive service - sorry you caught them on a bad night of some sort!

Status
Not open for further replies.