Golof Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggparts

Mar 20, 2003
I have searched but can't seem to find current info about green fees, (Playa Dorada or anywhere from POP to STI to Jarabacoa. I am also asking for advice. We are staying on the North Coast at Breezes POP Feb 13-27-09, and they have a cute pitch and putt but.....
We are on a bit more of a budget this year (who isn't) and we are thinking of combining golf and a road trip.
We have played with Luis in Santiago (awesome), we have played Playa Grande as well $$$. We were thinking of the course at Jarabacoa (I have been all over DR but never made it there so considering it) The main questions I have are regard to getting there with a small econo car ?? (I am aware of day to day driving but the roads thru the hills may be more challenging?)
Also the thread I did find about the course makes it look interesting.
Jarabacoa Golf Club - DR1 Dominican Republic Forums
Any other suggestions of a cool day trip/one overnight that will fulfill the needs of adventurous golfers?
Thanks,
ggparts

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
I have not played the Jarabacoa club but have heard it is very nice looking. A tight layout of 9 holes with lots of big pines along the fairways is what I have been told. Another course within an 1-1.5 hrs of Santiago is National golf Club Las Lagunas which is on the highway to Santo Domingo - reasonable prices and another tight waterly layout much different from golf at PD or PG.

You could also look at heading east and than taking the new toll road down to Boca Chica / La Romana area - no more than 3 - 3.5 hours from Breezes. In Boca Chica you will find Guavaberry and Metro. Not as cheap as above course but also not priced ridiculously. Of these two I prefer Metro simply based on conditioning of the course - Guavaberry is a great layout but in my 4 visits I have yet to find it in appealing condition. Another hour east of here is La Romana where you will find the Casa de Campo courses (big $) as well as the new La Estancia course which is very nice and also very challenging.

Don't expect much with the Breezes pitch n putt. You also have Costa Azul just down the road from Breezes which has a 9 hole (maybe 3 or 4 holes playable) course and Costambar which is on the other side of Puerto Plata. Both of these courses are very affordable but unfortunately you get what you pay for and in this case that is not much.

Enjoy your trip and good golfing...Tom

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Hillbilly is very familiar with Jarabacoa. BushBaby has also played there but he is out right now, playing golof at Playa Dorada ;). I'll tell him about this thread when he gets back.

ggparts, if you could ask the Moderator to alter the typo in your heading, you might get more responses. There are a lot of golfers who post on this board.

ggparts

Mar 20, 2003
Hillbilly is very familiar with Jarabacoa. BushBaby has also played there but he is out right now, playing golof at Playa Dorada ;). I'll tell him about this thread when he gets back.

ggparts, if you could ask the Moderator to alter the typo in your heading, you might get more responses. There are a lot of golfers who post on this board.

thanks for your advice on the spelling error :( (I tied to edit it but was unable to do so)
I have been in touch with Luis via PM as well, thanks again

As I found no other way to contact a moderator I decided to put the request here "please edit my title of the original post to correct the spelling of golf thank you"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.