Salon pricing question...

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Just curious what I have to spend if I send a chica to a Salon in Santiago to get her hair done. I understand it could be a wide range depending on what she gets done and where she goes, but I'm guessing it would cost somewhere under 1000rd?? if she goes by herself and no gringo in tow??

Maybe another 500rd for manicure/pedicure....

So if I give her 2000rd total and send her out (while I catch up on my naptime :bunny:), would that be sufficent to cover everything?

Thanks in advance....

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
So if I give her 2000rd total and send her out (while I catch up on my naptime :bunny:), would that be sufficent to cover everything?

That should cover lunch and dinner for both of you as well!

May 12, 2005
ctrob, think. If the average dominican makes around 6000 pesos/month and these ladies are always at a salon, how much does it really cost?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
a local salon costs between 150-200 pesos to have her hair washed and dried. A fancy place would charge like 400 pesos. if she gets her hair colored and cut and washed etc, then maybe 1500 pesos in a nice place.
i doubt if she will consider or even be allowed to come into a classy establishment. She will spend no more then 200 pesos and the rest in her pocket.
wake up man.
AZB

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
a local salon costs between 150-200 pesos to have her hair washed and dried. A fancy place would charge like 400 pesos. if she gets her hair colored and cut and washed etc, then maybe 1500 pesos in a nice place.
i doubt if she will consider or even be allowed to come into a classy establishment. She will spend no more then 200 pesos and the rest in her pocket.
wake up man.
AZB

Wide awake dude.

Never been to a DR salon or paid to have a chicas hair done. My numbers were guestimates. Thanks for the info.

I'll give her 1000. She can go do her hair, fingernails, toenails, get a tat and buy a dress for all I care. It's only money. And I'll take a nice quiet nap.

santiago2008

Apr 24, 2008
hahahaha guys...you all are unique lol

thx for the funny comments yayayyyyyyyyyyyyyy im still laughing

poor girls, c'mon give them a break!!! not all domnicans are in the sankiette's industry

In a normal salon do your hair is around 200-250pesos
color 700-750
hair relaxing(alot dominicans need it :s) 600-700

so lets say she goes for all relaxing,color,wash it will be around 1500

May 31, 2005
Last time I spent $600.00 to wash,deep condition (with high quality hair products), cut the tips and dry. That also included a $100.00 tip for the girl that did my hair. If you use the cheaper hair products (shampoo & conditioner) it is even less. But this was not in Santiago.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
!!! not all domnicans are in the sankiette's industry

so lets say she goes for all relaxing,color,wash it will be around 1500

Yeah, who says I can't snag a classy chica!!! Ok, maybe I can't, but AZB doesn't know that :bunny::bunny:

Ok, 1500 on the high end - So my original guestimate was not really that far off.

Chicas like to look nice and I enjoy it when they look nice. And after a long nite of dancing and, uhhh, other activities.....I usually need a nap. So If I can send her out for a few hours, I can catch up on my beauty rest......

I don't go shopping with chicas anymore. That's just too painful.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
ctrob, if you start her off with 1000 pesos, then you are creating a monster for the future. In any case, she will spend no more then 200 pesos and keep the rest. This is when she will become sure you are a pendejo who is loaded with money. From this point on, she will have regular problems on daily basis and the only solution will be "more money". You will be treated with love until you will say no to "more money" one day. So I suggest you start her off with 500 pesos. this is the going rate for giving money to a chica for salon in santiago. In any case, if you are keeping her for short term, then please think of the well being of others who would have to test drive the same chica when you are away. Don't raise the prices on us dude. Hahahahaha.
AZB

havinfun99

Oct 20, 2008
Congrats AZB. Please keep it up. We poor guys that need to survive in DR on a more regular basis need to protect the local economy from outsiders that want to pay more than things are worth. And to all you DomYorks coming on vacation - wake up- you are not impressing anybody by throwing lots of cash around. You are just another pendejo that is providing money for the husband of your novia.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Congrats AZB. Please keep it up. We poor guys that need to survive in DR on a more regular basis need to protect the local economy from outsiders that want to pay more than things are worth. And to all you DomYorks coming on vacation - wake up- you are not impressing anybody by throwing lots of cash around. You are just another pendejo that is providing money for the husband of your novia.

Unreal.

Do you realize you are talking about 5-30 dollars to keep a woman happy that would be more beautiful and passionate than any woman you could possibly hope for in your home country?

I mean, I'm not a rich guy, but lunch for two at TGI Fridays in the states is like $30, and that doesn't include drinks. If I could keep my girl happy and bouncy for 30-50 a week, that would be a minor miracle, and she's nothing close to high maintenance.

You use them for their looks and treat them as throwaway sex toys, and complain about giving them next to nothing for getting their hair done? They know you'll eventually dismiss them, so they enjoy it too. It's a fair transaction. But you want to see how cheaply you can do it, to figure out if a 20 year old stunner really can love a miserly middle aged guy who makes AZB look like a stud.

Dang....

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Unreal.

Do you realize you are talking about 5-30 dollars to keep a woman happy that would be more beautiful and passionate than any woman you could possibly hope for in your home country?
Dang....

DRob - I agree completely. I like to get the most bang for my buck, but I also am not a cheap b*****d (ok, maybe sometimes:bunny:). Whatever the salon costs, it costs. And I'll even give her a little extra incase she want's to get the "works". No biggie.

My original reason for asking was so I knew what the "ranges" were so I would appear "knowledgeable" when I gave her the cash.

I know that in the states, when my daughter goes to the salon for special occasions she never spends less then 100usd :rolleyes:. So I was guestimating that between 1/4 to a 1/3 of that would be somewhat close for the DR. I wasn't too far off.

What's surprising is that this thread is still going. I thought I would just get a couple answers from "female" types and that would be it. And here we are, a bunch of old bald guys talking about Hair Salon prices....now that's funny :bunny:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Guys don't forget, you are not in states. This is DR so play by DR rules. This is exactly why many foreigners are uncomfortable with americans who go to any country and mess things up for the rest. They simply pay ameican prices and raise the rates. Look at the properties in north coast. before the american began to arrive in great numbers the prices were cheap. try to buy property there now. prices have more than doubled in the past 10 yrs. So please do not compare it with american rates. do what romans do. Play by the rules please.
AZB

augustus

Dec 19, 2007
Lessons, learned while in DR..........

Never go shopping with your female companions..........PERIOD

Prices for land have gone up 30 to 100% per year, wow, that's the only time I will get a chance to correct AZB ( my hero )

About 5yrs ago, I got a haircut in Sosua and a barber tried to charge me 700 pesos and I gave him 600 and found out later that the going price was 100 pesos, for haircut and shave, and now probably 150 max. and that's gringo price ..........And in Santo Domingo, in the hood, was charged 15 pesos max, for a shave, only .......

So, 50 cents to 3 dollars there, gringo price and about 15 to 25 dollars here ..........

Did sit in a salon while an un-needed 8 inch, dyed hair pieces were applied for 2500 pesos, gringo price, for one of my companions, which I was expected to pay, since I was with her, but refused because her real hair was a better grade than what she bought, what a waste ...............plus it took at least 4 hrs to be done ..............

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
And therein lies the problem. No biggie.......to you.

Give her 500 pesos, and send her to the salon. Keep her honest. More than that, and you're feeding the fantasy that Gringos have lots of money, and don't mind giving it away.

500 is more than enough.

I agree with this. If you are expecting her to look good, you pay, but within reason. My wife who is frugal, cheap, and practical only pays for the beauty salon when she is too busy to do it herself. This is why she is a successful business women. If these lovely ladies were taking the 2000 pesos you gave them, spending 200 at the salon, and banking the rest or investing in a business I would consider it money well spent, but I'm sure its wasted.

havinfun99

Oct 20, 2008
back to support you AZB. To you Drob and Ctrob again, as he said play by the rules. We are not being miserly or throwing out our sex toys, we just don't want anybody ruining our paradise. What difference does it make what something costs in the US? Here in DR things are different. Don't mess things up for us by paying more for something than it is worth HERE. In US gas is $2 per gallon and $4 in DR. Passion fruit costs $1.50 in USand 10 cents in DR. The value of something is related to its availability - that is economics 101.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
back to support you AZB. To you Drob and Ctrob again, as he said play by the rules. .

You guys are funny...

What difference does it make what something costs in the US?.
You apparently didn't read my entire post...I said my kid spends about 100usd, so I was guestimating a quarter of that. If you "guys" are saying give her 500rd then I wasn't that far off.

Here in DR things are different. Don't mess things up for us by paying more for something than it is worth HERE. .

I didn't fall off the Suger Cane truck yesterday. I asked the original question so I would have an idea of what the going rate was....So I would NOT look like just another "overpaying gringo".

But since all you bald headed old farts (and I mean that in a nice way) are not only so concerned about how much money I give her, but are also making "demands" that I play by the rules... NOW I'm going to give her 3000rd and tell her to spend to her little chicas hearts content.........:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

While I think that is rather funny, I highly doubt my 3000 pesos will wreck the Dominican economy. :bunny:

santiago2008

Apr 24, 2008
ctrob.....dont listen to all thosee cheap used old bags lol

why they think american women deserve more than dominican women?/ if their women are so great what the f... they doing down here and hanging with dominicans?

Give her as much as you want since your money belong to you and you do whatever you want with it..............
anyways i told you if she gets a full hair treatment its around 1500 pesos
and if you want to give more for other things and u think she deserve it , do it

Reactions: Malibook