Rentals in Bavaro

Picante

Jul 23, 2008
Hi,

Can anyone direct me in the right direction?

I am looking for someone who can provide rental details for a 2 bedroom
apartment for about a 4 month period. The rental must be something in
which a local can afford to maintain, as I will not be working, I will be at
home with my newborn and other child and my husband (a Dominicano)
will need to support us entirely on his salary. (Construction)

Anything in a relatively safe environment, furnished with AC in at least
one room, tv with cable, internet access and a generator if the power
goes out daily as it does where he lives in pto pta.

Please advise or send a private message.

Thanks!

danid

May 16, 2006
Hello,

2 bedroom apartments right in Bavaro are $600 USD and up. You may be able to find cheeper in Pueblo Bavaro. However rent in Bavaro/Punta Cana is not in anyway "local" pricing as you would find in other parts of the country.

Most Dominicans that work in Bavaro live in Higuey or Veron, to have more affordable housing.

Plan for at least $600 USD, and the best way to look is when you are in the area as most apt. only advertise with signage outside.

As far as Power....it does not go out here very often.

ciao,
D

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Picante,
for best rates you def should look around in the area of Veron,
but even there for 2 bedrooms FURNISHED and A/C (electricity bill!!) you should await at least 15.000.- pesos per month and up.
a generator is here in the area not needed, blackouts are very rare and only happen for a short time period when in some accident a pole goes down.
for the residences in the bavaro area count on the above mentioned $600.- per month, no limit upwards.
if your husband works in constructions he may get throu his employer good connections for a rental.
good luck
and welcome to the east
Mike

mandyherfst

Jan 13, 2009
www.conexiontour.com
Hi,
When do you come to Bavaro? I have a 2 bedroom appartment available starting from Feb 15th. Rent US$500 (1 month deposit up front). You pay electricity. there is AC in 1 room, cable connection, internet access, furnished. let me know...