Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
The Discovery Chanel survival show Man vs Wild to play Mon Feb 2 @10PM
was filmed In the Dominican Republic

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
not sure why he needed to eat a tarantula with all the stuff that grows all over the place but never mind it made him happy

Farmer

Antiguo
Dec 2, 2003
Bear Grylls eats a tarantula for breakfast (and washes it down with his cafecito) and shows you how to survive hurricane season in the D.R. (yikes! life without water or electricity!). Unheard of. Hey Bear, how 'bout something more challenging like Santo Domingo traffic in the A.M. or getting some paperwork approved by some Dominican government office?

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
I set my cable box to record this. Want to give him the benefit of the doubt :)

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Bear Grills a Tarantula??

Bear Grylls eats a tarantula for breakfast (and washes it down with his cafecito) and shows you how to survive hurricane season in the D.R. (yikes! life without water or electricity!). Unheard of. Hey Bear, how 'bout something more challenging like Santo Domingo traffic in the A.M. or getting some paperwork approved by some Dominican government office?

I know many a Gringo who didn't survive in the D.R.
It will eat you up and spit you out if you are not a quick learner.
:ninja:

FernieBee

Bronze
Feb 20, 2008
14cxv10.jpg

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I gotta watch this...It is going to be so funny. I can see it now how he gets dropped off in the "wilds" of Montellano and has to make his way to Blackbeards before he dies of exhaustion or too much rice and beans...

leromero

Bronze
May 30, 2004
web.mac.com
I gotta watch this...It is going to be so funny. I can see it now how he gets dropped off in the "wilds" of Montellano and has to make his way to Blackbeards before he dies of exhaustion or too much rice and beans...

Oh my god, beer through the nose...... yeah, this must be a joke. I can't even think where he would have gone.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Panam? I can understand. The whole Darian Peninsula has not been completely explored..and is filled with some real nasties...

DR? Yes, I can see where being set down in the middle of the Central Mountains could be a challenge, due to the lack of things to eat and drink...people have been lost up there..however, for Bear, a half a day's walk North or South and bingo: Civilization such as it may be...

Haiteses>? Ummm, maybe....Mountains in Neiba>? Cloud forests, so it could be interesting, but not all that difficult to survive.

Now, getting from Montellano to Blackbeards on publicos without losing your wallet or virginity is really a challenge...

Good one!!

HB

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
The trailers I saw for this episode show him "canyoning" a rocky stream. I would take an educated guess and say it was one of the tributaries of the Yaque Norte.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
The show's objective

Most Likely their cams will be avoiding fruit trees, jabalis, birds and their eggs nests and nice areas where you could set up a good hamaca.

I guess that the whole point of the show is to teach you how to survive in scenarios where you did not have such commodities and comfortabilities

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Don't know. I thought you probably didn't notice the other thread.

-NALs;)