Visas for father to be here for babys delivery in US

Jenyjen

Jan 28, 2009
What is the process for the father of my child to be here in the United States for the birth of our child? He comes to the US to play minor league baseball but the teams over here have not wanted to pay for his visa because it is to expensive what do we need to do so he can be here for the delivery I'm 30 weeks pregnant. I just need to know what the visa process is I know I need to write a letter stating I'm pregnant but what do I need to state on there can someone help me please THANK YOU!!

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
when i was pregnant with my son we tried to get a tourist visa for my husband so i could give birth in the states. the process is the same as for any tourist visa - you just have to prove that your husband has enough ties in the DR to bring him back. my husband was denied. the state department doesn't really care about the non-citizen father. i had my baby here and declared my son later.

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
unfortunately the only people that care if your baby is born with both parents present is you & your family/friends.

the government doesn't care and it is difficult to prove that he will return home in normal circumstances & now considering the new bundle of joy that has just arrived you can pretty much give up hope of getting the visitor visa.

i write this from experience as a canadian who just gave birth 9 1/2 weeks ago. we have been waiting over 6 months for a visa & may have to wait that much longer again. im pretty sure the US has the same if not more difficult of a screening process.

it is really unfortunate but best to prepare yourself now to do it alone or have the baby in the DR.

will he get to come back to play baseball in the summer at least?

good luck!

sherri

Jan 25, 2006
Are you already in the PR Visa process..if so forget about it. I know so many people who have tried with no luck. I had my son in Canada three months ago without my husband. I didnt like it but what can you do..governments suck..wether its Canada or US.

Good luck..who knows maybe you will be the lucky one.;)