Prostitution problem in Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

kendo

Jan 24, 2008
I was thinking of spending a few days in Sosua but hear that the prostitution problem is out of control. Is that true? Is it as bad or widespread as Boca Chica (went once, never again) or, if possible, even worse?

FernieBee

Bronze
Feb 20, 2008
I was thinking of spending a few days in Sosua but hear that the prostitution problem is out of control. Is that true? Is it as bad or widespread as Boca Chica (went once, never again) or, if possible, even worse?
It might depend on what you mean by out of control.

reese_in_va

Feb 22, 2007
Why not spend a few day's in Sosua?
Just nod your head NO when they approach you.
As far as out of control...I don't think they will jump on you.

The real problem here is that too many tourists know that it is a (working) red light district and they flock to Sosua in search of this. The girls know that these individuals are suckers and then they multiply there presence.
Why not stay at a nice Bed and Breakfast, spend your daylight hours on the beach, go shopping and be active. Walk around and check out what Sosua has to offer.

Reactions: FernieBee

Fuddzie

Dec 3, 2008
Save your time and money if your are coming to Sosua for the putas. More of a pain than whats it's worth.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002

Can you explain what you mean with out of control ? And how do you think the girls will be a problem to you ?
Since you are so preoccupied with this thing, maybe you should stay away. I kind of get a feeling that you will come here and actually look for it, and then be annoyed and complain about it.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
they usually just ask and if you say no gracias they leave you alone- the worst one I encountered was in Cabarete - hardly more of a problem than most towns over the world - i used to get propositioned everynight on my way home from work in the uk

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
During the day, you will see them but for the most part you will not be bothered.

However, if you are in or near the discos at nite, and you are unaccompinied....you will be approached. Most will leave you alone with a simple No, while others will persist.

And of course, "Out of Control" can mean different things to different people. For instance, to me, "Out of Control" would mean Six Very Hot Chicas rushing me, and carrying me off to their lair for a nite of endless passion

I hate it when that happens.....

FernieBee

Bronze
Feb 20, 2008
Sosua's great.

It has a nice beach, good restaurants, gregarious bars, and affordable accommodations. However, it very much has a working-girl environment, but don't let that scare you. If you don't want to patronize these types of women, just tell them no and keep walking. Sosua's pretty good at keeping its tourists safe, so don't be scared of being accosted and abused by these women.

scrubmuncher

On Vacation!
Jul 6, 2007
I find it hard to believe that any single man comes here to vacation without the pre-thought of screwing a few whores that would normally be out of his league. The majority are just around to make a living, it isn't like alot of other places I've visited where they are feeding a habbit.
So out of control? No not at all, I've seen many freaky fights on the street between the haitian girls and dominicans, and between police and the girls but rarely clients.
My advise it to find a quiet bar and take one of the staff home (they are all for sale), you aren't gunna get robbed as very rarely would they lose their job or suffer a serious kicking for a few 000.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Kendo:

It appears you are your own worst enemy, get thee to a nunnery!

Any recommendations for a reasonably priced hotel that is amenable to a single male who is looking for some fun?

Wonder if any of you knowledgeable posters out there could recommend a good massage place in Sosua, similar to La Passion in Sosua but not as big an enterprise. Looking for something smaller, quietier, but with a decent selection of masseuses.

tambo'

M

Markf128

Sure!!!

Yeah, just hope it does not rain.

Why not spend a few day's in Sosua?
Just nod your head NO when they approach you.
As far as out of control...I don't think they will jump on you.

The real problem here is that too many tourists know that it is a (working) red light district and they flock to Sosua in search of this. The girls know that these individuals are suckers and then they multiply there presence.
Why not stay at a nice Bed and Breakfast, spend your daylight hours on the beach, go shopping and be active. Walk around and check out what Sosua has to offer.

M

Markf128

This is funny!!!!

Oh boy! Another one looking for Madre Teresa and got exposed. ha ha ha!!!

Tambo, this is really funny:

Originally Posted by kendo
Wonder if any of you knowledgeable posters out there could recommend a good massage place in Sosua, similar to La Passion in Sosua but not as big an enterprise. Looking for something smaller, quietier, but with a decent selection of masseuses.

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
"Out of control" and "widespread" could refer to weight and girth which could be a "problem".

Perhaps kendo just wants to know if the Sosua putas are as ugly and fat as the ones in Boca Chica. ;)

kendo

Jan 24, 2008
An update

Many thanks for your replies. Regarding what you many of you see as my dual standards, let me explain. I was hoping to go somewhere, as a single male, where I can meet local women who are not prostitutes. I have read in this message board over and over again how Dominican women are like manna, the promised land, whatever you will, and this is what I was hoping to encounter in Sosua. By the same token, I don't want to be perceived as a gringo tourist, a stack of dollar bills with two legs, which is why I asked this latest question about Sosua. And clearly I have been answered. I have been to my share of places in the Caribbean, and while I like my women, I don't like being approached by them constantly just for one thing and one thing only. It's tiring. This is what I meant by out of control...using the term in a negative sense.

From reading all your posts, it seems as though Sosua is clearly not the place for me. Maybe a smaller town, such as Cabarete. Thank you by the way for the criticism, which I see as constructive. It has helped me to really take a serious look at what I want from this vacation. Also, thanks for the honesty. It's a reason I like this forum.

Reactions: FernieBee

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
If you want to meet local women who are not prostitutes then you need to live here for a while and stay well away from tourist areas, and also you need to not be a tourist yourself. And you need to speak Spanish.

Try Santo Domingo.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I was hoping to go somewhere, as a single male, where I can meet local women who are not prostitutes. I have read in this message board over and over again how Dominican women are like manna, the promised land, whatever you will, and this is what I was hoping to encounter in Sosua.

Yes but the manna you have heard about is working manna. Not all are in your face up-front 'my fee is' hookers but that doesn't mean they're not 'working'. And unless you've been here many times or live here, you'll find it hard to tell the difference.

Heaps of nice girls here, but you won't meet them as a 2 week tourist unless you go to Church often or get involved in voluntary work or somesuch. The nice girls don't want to be mistaken for the other sort, they know the other sort flock to tourists, so they stay away to preserve their reputations. Yes?

scrubmuncher

On Vacation!
Jul 6, 2007
You mentioned looking for a woman who isn't interested in you for your money? I'd go somewhere else entirely, if you are deadly serious about this, this area is not for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.