Nice Restaurant in Boca Chica

Lucy_76

Jun 12, 2008
Hello everyone,

I am looking for suggestions on a nice restaurant for a celebratory dinner in Boca Chica for about 8 to 10 people mid-week in March. Price is not really an issue but looking for quality and variety of food.

We are having a small wedding ceremony in BC and would like to have a nice dinner afterwards to celebrate. The only thing formally planned is the ceremony and hotel, we are still debating the rest.

Any suggestions you may have would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Lucy

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
if price is not an option...definitely neptunos. Its not expesive compared to NYC...but perhaps 50 USD Per Person with wine. There are other decent places in BC...but Neptunos is the spot.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I agree, Neptuno's has a great view, great looking presentation!

Just make sure you are not on a low sodium diet, because the main ingredient in every dish there is SALT!

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
I agree, Neptuno's has a great view, great looking presentation!

Just make sure you are not on a low sodium diet, because the main ingredient in every dish there is SALT!

Perhaps they can request to cut back on the salt? I dont need to cut back on salt for health reasons...i just dont use much of it. I like garlic and jalapeno instead. (a major issue when i cook with my dominican friends)

Lucy_76

Jun 12, 2008
Thanks, I'll definitely check it out and advise the Canadian parents footing the bill about the sodium just in case.
Don't want their first Dominican experience to be too salty!

boca chica dave

Sep 25, 2004
You should also consider Puqena Suiza in the center of town on Duarte. They have an air conditioned room and a courtyard. Both would be great for your size party. Talk with Stephano. He is swiss and speaks english. The ambienence is nice and he would probably set up anything you like. Beef there is great and the prices are cheaper than Neptunos. What nationality are your guests?

boca chica dave

Sep 25, 2004
The entrees are geared more to northamericans and europeans. But again, for a party can probably do what you like.