Best Hotel for Carnival in Santo Domingo

Barleyman

Jan 30, 2009
A group of friends and I will be in SD Feb 21-25th. What area is the best to stay in. I have heard that the Malecon "strip" is good, as well as ZOna Colonial. Any suggestions! Thanks.:ermm:

Ant

Feb 1, 2002
Carnival

I don't believe that carnival is going to be taking place during the time you are visiting. If I'm not mistaken, carnival in Santo Domingo is usually the Sunday after Dominican independence, which is February 27.

Barleyman

Jan 30, 2009
I had heard that every Sunday in February there is a celebration. It has been hard ot get the real scoop. Which might mean it's so good, the locals want to keep it secret. :)

We will have a great time no matter what, but want it to be 'easy'.

Thanks!

Ant

Feb 1, 2002
There are carnival celebrations in La Vega, about 1.5 hours from Santo Domingo, every Sunday in the month of February. But not in Santo Domingo.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
There are carnival celebrations in La Vega, about 1.5 hours from Santo Domingo, every Sunday in the month of February. But not in Santo Domingo.

Very true sometimes even in March.

Best Hotel view would be the pool area of the Nepolitano, or Melina, or cinco centenario, Jaragua. passes in front of all, Colonial Zone no view unless your on the sidewalks of the Malecon.