We got mail from Haiti!

laurar

Jun 19, 2008
Hello all, we heard from immigration today asking for more proof of relationship! Has anyone else been asked if you and your spouse have a bank account together - and how can we if he is not in Canada??

Johana

May 24, 2006
Hey Laura,

at least you know they are working on your husband's file!
Maybe they want to know if you have set up a joint account in the DR?

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
They are probably talking about a joint account in the DR. You can tell them (which is true) that he is unable to have a joint account with you in Canada as he must attend in person to open one because I tried to do that before my husband was here and was unable to do so. Tell them you have no need to have an account in the DR since you do your baking in Canada and bring sufficient funds or debit card when visiting (unless of course you live there).

Santos

Aug 10, 2008
Laurar:

Where does your husband live? Did the letter come to his house or yours?

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
Fiesta Mama has great advice! Don't try to make one just because - they may be seeing what you will do.

Do you have any other receipts, phone bills, photos?? Send them everything you have!!!!

laurar

Jun 19, 2008
I got a copy of the letter sent to my husband and this is what they are asking for

" proof of contstant relationship between your sponsor and you since May 2008 (your sponsors passport pages with stamped entry-entry to Dominican Republic, photos, correspondences, trips, and bank account make together, etc."

also an orginal copy of our marriage certificate

So I think all they are asking for is just proof that we have continuted our relationship since being married.

They also asked for the form IMMRD - 10A to be filled out and signed by my husband but the form they sent him is IMMH - 10A which is asking for the names of his children/dependents that will be travelling with him to Canada, but he has NO children/dependents???? I don't understand that.

mart0417

Oct 25, 2006
bank

Hi

I got the bank in Canada that I deal with to write me a letter saying I tried to set up the bank account but you can not do this in Canada unless you are in person. Just a suggestion

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I got a copy of the letter sent to my husband and this is what they are asking for

" proof of contstant relationship between your sponsor and you since May 2008 (your sponsors passport pages with stamped entry-entry to Dominican Republic, photos, correspondences, trips, and bank account make together, etc."

also an orginal copy of our marriage certificate

So I think all they are asking for is just proof that we have continuted our relationship since being married.

They also asked for the form IMMRD - 10A to be filled out and signed by my husband but the form they sent him is IMMH - 10A which is asking for the names of his children/dependents that will be travelling with him to Canada, but he has NO children/dependents???? I don't understand that.

Then he puts that there - no children no dependents

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
Laurar,

You must be excited to have heard something even though it sounds a little confusing!

It has to feel good to know someone is working on the file even if they are asking for more stuff.

I had to send copies of our daughters birth certificate, statement of birth, my husbands current cedula and receipt for paying the Permanent residence fee, so I also included some extra proof of relationship to be on the safe side (pics, passport stamps, phone bills etc). I sent them Thursday night by Purolator so hopefully they will get them early next week.

They didn't send us anything yet asking for documents but we always knew we had to send in the new cedula once it was ready (took from April 08 to Nov 08 to get it due to the election & some stupid government worker's mistake). I decided to wait until I had our daughters birth certificates as well so that everything would be in 1 package.

Because our timelines are practically the same I wonder if we will get something in the mail soon too?

Hopefully the next time they review your file it will be to say Decision Made!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Sangria