1st trip to D.R.

srd

Jan 31, 2009
www.glovercharles.ning.com
This is my forst trip to D.R. (very excited) I chose to stay in Santo Domingo. Is there enough to see and do there that I won't need to rent a car? I'm a people watcher and I like to party.

scrubmuncher

On Vacation!
Jul 6, 2007
The last thing you want to do in S/D is rent a car, you get around much quicker on foot. Yes, loads to do, will be fine!
Enjoy!

carrie

Sep 16, 2004
Enjoy your trip to Santo Domingo!

If you decide you want to see the island and need a guide and private car private message me I have someone who does that.

Remember to go to Neptuno at Boca Chica the food is excellent and so is the Beach.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
Here is a website with a great deal of information you will find useful. The Complete Guide to Colonial Zone, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. Tourist Information, Restaurants, Night Life, Hotels, History, Monuments, Maps, Music, Businesses, Folklore, Calendar, Language and So Much More. When I visit I stay in the Colonial Zone and walk or grab a taxi. Scrubmuncher is absolutely right; you really don't want to rent a car and attempt to drive in the capitol. Walking, getting a taxi, or, if your a bit more adventurous, using the local bus [the guagua], is the best way to go, particularly for a first time visitor. Santo Domingo is an historic, wonderful city and there is pleanty to see and do. The city hosts some very nice bars and discos, and a variety of good restaurants with both local Dominican and international cuisine. As when visiting any city as a tourist, be careful with your valuables and respectful of the Dominican people. You're going to have a wonderful time!

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
You're gonna love it while you're there....and miss it soon after you leave...buen viaje

shortraymond

Jul 9, 2008
Hey Srd! Make sure you do some neck and shoulder excersises before the trip. You've seen bobble heads before? Well... be prepared to be the newest edition to the bobble head family. Hell, you may even get a mild case of whiplash if you're not careful. And by all means, walk as much as you can. By driving or riding in a cab you will miss out on so much. Buen Viaje!

P.S. A camera will be your best friend:squareeye

srd

Jan 31, 2009
www.glovercharles.ning.com
Hey Srd! Make sure you do some neck and shoulder excersises before the trip. You've seen bobble heads before? Well... be prepared to be the newest edition to the bobble head family. Hell, you may even get a mild case of whiplash if you're not careful. And by all means, walk as much as you can. By driving or riding in a cab you will miss out on so much. Buen Viaje!

P.S. A camera will be your best friend:squareeye

Funny you mention the bobble head thing. I was getting that impression when I pulled up a map of just the colonial zone and noticed there is more than 80 things to see and do. Looks like I'll be taking 2 memory cards, lol.

I think my hotel is across from the Ruinas San Francisco.

I'm prepared to have a great time.

augustus

Dec 19, 2007
You might need more than 2 memory cards........

You'll find out .......:ermm:.:bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny: