ten dollar rooms

madera

Jan 30, 2009
do they exist anymore.??? i used to stay at hotel in santiago for 8$ a night. across the street 7$. now its more than double and less than double. i asked and was told taxes and all is up. went across the street.. i stayed for under a hundred a week and meals were very reasonable.. not to long ago or far away. fan no a/c.. changed the sheets every other day and fresh towels everyday,,, free coffee:cheeky:

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
do they exist anymore.??? i used to stay at hotel in santiago for 8$ a night. across the street 7$. now its more than double and less than double. i asked and was told taxes and all is up. went across the street.. i stayed for under a hundred a week and meals were very reasonable.. not to long ago or far away. fan no a/c.. changed the sheets every other day and fresh towels everyday,,, free coffee:cheeky:

My favorite [used to be] hotel Colonial a little time ago was $8 per night. After influx of baby-boomers and other tourists they charge now $40!!:surprised Tried to charge even $50 at some point!:paranoid:

Greed. No more business with them.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
the price of other things goes up too....not every price rise is to do with greed - you seem to have a hang up about it

DOMINCAN JOE

Bronze
Aug 15, 2006
$10
donaldduck.gif

eaglenodding.gif
Get $10 from the left pocket and another $15 from the right pocket and you can get here http://www.dr1.com/forums/polls/79452-best-budget-hotel-sos-2.html
A variety of services such as FREE airport pick-up for hotel guests, travel information from people who really know, public internet service, FREE Wifi, security box (safe), multi-lingual staff and more, make Rocky's a great place to visit
DR1 Dominican Republic Forums

Home Page
Rocky's Rock & Blues Bar and Hotel, Sosua - Dominican Republic
This Page
DR1 Dominican Republic Forums

donmobay

Say what ! ???
Dec 10, 2005
make a reservation

monterey hotel i think they will take a fifteen dollar bill. good rooms safe clean,, coffee included and a good restaurant...of course no n.y.times..not top shelf but you can pay 50 across the street. i liked the quietness of the back rooms. kind of hospital quiet.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
My favorite [used to be] hotel Colonial a little time ago was $8 per night. After influx of baby-boomers and other tourists they charge now $40!!:surprised Tried to charge even $50 at some point!:paranoid:

Greed. No more business with them.

Maybe I am wrong but doesn't Colonial still charge under RD500 for the first original building w/o a/c?

marlin1

Jun 19, 2008
Casa Manana across from Tradewinds in Sosua rooms $20 per night,new ,hot water,guest friendly,free coffee

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
There are a couple of hotels in Puerto Plata that had 300 peso rooms not too long ago. The Indio and the "Playboy". I believe there is another called Magnifico in the same price range. (This is not the Magnifico in Cabarete). These are inner-city hotels providing basic accomodations. They are all in the area near the port.