Thread: Riu Melao - Punta Cana

Chris

Default Riu Melao - Punta Cana

Has anyone stayed at this hotel? We stayed at the Riu Yucatan on the Mayan Coast of Mexico last year and were truly impressed and want to try another Riu hotel.

Also, I have been reading mixed reports of Hurricane damage in this part of the island. Can anyone tell me what the status is now.

Chris

Mihaela

Default Re: Riu Melao - Punta Cana

Hi, I'm going there in January. I read a lot of great reviews about all the Riu's hotels. You can find more information at this site. http://www.computan.on.ca/~pdowney/travel8.html#RIU%20MERENGUE Mihaela

DR One

Forget the hurricane, any damages have been repaired. Also, the Riu hotels were of the least affected. Was there a week after the hurricane and their flowers were still there.

Chris

Thanks for the info. Please let me know how the resort was during your stay. I also found lots of info on the Riu web site. See the link below. If it is anything like the one in Mexico you will be very pleased with the high standards and quality that these resorts claim.

Have a great trip.

Chris

Sorry the link didn't work. See the web site: www.riuhotels.com for tons of info