Anyone else looking to get into Dr politics?

majikstranger

Feb 2, 2009
Hi. I am 25 living in the united states in new jersey. I left Dr when i was 5 years old but my love and memories of my country never faded. Now onto the question. I am pretty good with American politics and have very strong ideas and opinions when it comes to politics. However i am not well versed in dominican politics at all. I would like to help my country by getting into politics and balancing the greed. Back in the day my dad was into dr politics and was very loved. If he ran for senator (at least i believe that was his title) of his town today he would get elected hands down, however he is almost blind and can;t run for that reason. I would like to continue with his mission. Unfortunately i didnt live with my dad till about 5 years ago so we dont have that kind of relationship that would allow me to get help from him, so i wanted to know if theirs anyone else with a similar goal that wants to network and and help each other get the knowledge and work our way up.

Mind you, i was born in a very poor part of D.r.. So i definitely know the down side as well as all the beauty of the country

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Check the posts of PICHARDO. He tells us that 80% of the Government as it stands now is to be privatised & will be put in the hands of 'Biz' people. Seems to me there might not be a job for 'Honest, Reliable, Uncorruptable' politicians here soon, so you had best think about joining the 'Biz' community who is setting all this up!

Drop PICHARDO a PM after reading some of his posts & see what HE (he is SO well informed & placed) can do for you! :paranoid: ~ Grahame.

Funnyyale26

Bronze
Dec 15, 2006
Hi. I am 25 living in the united states in new jersey. I left Dr when i was 5 years old but my love and memories of my country never faded. Now onto the question. I am pretty good with American politics and have very strong ideas and opinions when it comes to politics. However i am not well versed in dominican politics at all. I would like to help my country by getting into politics and balancing the greed. Back in the day my dad was into dr politics and was very loved. If he ran for senator (at least i believe that was his title) of his town today he would get elected hands down, however he is almost blind and can;t run for that reason. I would like to continue with his mission. Unfortunately i didnt live with my dad till about 5 years ago so we dont have that kind of relationship that would allow me to get help from him, so i wanted to know if theirs anyone else with a similar goal that wants to network and and help each other get the knowledge and work our way up.

Mind you, i was born in a very poor part of D.r.. So i definitely know the down side as well as all the beauty of the country

I want to help too, but I don't know how either.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
My advise to you is to get your ass in country as soon as possible. Immerse yourself in this mad house called Dominican politics, and may god help you.:paranoid:

majikstranger

Feb 2, 2009
Thanks for the advice Bushbaby and thanks for the fore warning Hidalgo. I definitely know i need to get in the country and go at it head on and network. I would just like to start networking here first. Funnyyale if you'd like pm me and maybe we can figure something out

cuas

May 29, 2006
If you left the DR when you were 5 you do not know what being poor is. There is no poor (starving) people in the US, there is always food stamps, food pantries, churches, soup kitchens, school breakfast/lunch, etc.
Go to DR and go to the poorest neighborhoods and feel how they live, go to their schools (the education the children are receiving), find out why they drop out of school, but do not promise anything like the politicians.
If you want to make a difference focus on education in the DR never forget the future generation.