Places for adult activities

MBTS

Jan 28, 2009
I am thinking of going to the Samana peninsula. area for vacation. Where would be the best city to stay in for adult activities? Is there bus service from Santiago to Samana peninsula?

caipiranha

Feb 15, 2008
I am thinking of going to the Samana peninsula. area for vacation. Where would be the best city to stay in for adult activities? Is there bus service from Santiago to Samana peninsula?

To my opinion Las Terrenas would be the best city. There you have bars, restaurants, nightlife... :bunny:

Bus service from Santiago - sorry, I don?t know.

Best wishes

caipiranha

Feb 15, 2008
You mean horsebackriding, diving a.s.o.?
Oh sorry, I forgot posting about that.
There?s a horseback-ranch at Las Terrenas, too. Kite surfers meet near the El Portillo (better bring your own equipment). Diving? Snorkelling? Sorry, but that?s not my kind of sports. The divers I know went out to the rock-islands in LT-bay or followed the cost vs Playa Jackson/Playa La Cana.
Sea sometimes can be very rough around LT, depending on the weather, with very strong streamings, so diving/snorkelling tours can?t always be offered.

Saludos

toursamanawithterry

Jan 30, 2009
There is no Caribe tours bus from Santiago, you will have to take a gua gua. I know that there are about 5 of them that come to Samana each day. I have seen people get off the Samana gua gua and wait at the intersection after Sanchez to get the other gua gua to Las T. Its about a 45 min ride more from there. I think there might be a direct gua gua to Las T. as well but I am not sure as I have always used to the Samana gua gua which leaves from near the Street Las Carreras about 8 blocks down the hill from the monument. It is actually one block off to the right as you are going down the hill. It's on a one way street that goes the other direction of Las Carreras. Once again it is the gua gua to Samana. Maybe someone knows of the direct route to Las T.