Cabarete - prostitution & romance...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emma21

Feb 4, 2009
Hi there,

I'm travelling to Cabarete next week for a 7 night break with my boyfriend. I'm now just wondering after reading some posts on here if the area is suitable for couples (who don't want to indulge!)? Are the girls very forward? Would they bother couples?

Also, if anyone has any ideas on a romantic, pretty restaurant for Valentine's Day could you please let me know? Do they celebrate V Day out there?

Thank you!
Emma

Mar 2, 2008
Couples are not bothered at all.

The working girls have enough business without wasting their time on people who are low probability customers and high probability trouble.

They are not looking to hassle people. Even single guys aren't bothered if they say no.

Don't worry.

There are many good restaurants in Cabarete and Sosua. It's a matter of taste. Check out some of the ads here and other on-line sources. You have plenty to choose from.

Emma21

Feb 4, 2009
Also - what's happening with the weather at the moment? I thought Feb was the least rainy month and the forecast isn't looking so great!

Is there much to do when it is raining?

Thanks for your help.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
yes everyone wears red -yes they may ask but its not rude to say no thank you- dont have sex with them just because you dont like saying no lol

Emma21

Feb 4, 2009
Couples are not bothered at all.

The working girls have enough business without wasting their time on people who are low probability customers and high probability trouble.

They are not looking to hassle people. Even single guys aren't bothered if they say no.

Don't worry.

There are many good restaurants in Cabarete and Sosua. It's a matter of taste. Check out some of the ads here and other on-line sources. You have plenty to choose from.

Oh perfect - thanks!

Hate the thought of being hassled all holiday!

M

Markf128

You should be fine. Working girls are not that forward and will not attack your boyfriend. Yet, you should be worry about your boyfriend attacking them. There are a lot of good looking women in the DR, including the working girls. Thus, don't be surprise if you catch your boyfriend checking them out.

Emma21

Feb 4, 2009
You should be fine. Working girls are not that forward and will not attack your boyfriend. Yet, you should be worry about your boyfriend attacking them. There are a lot of good looking women in the DR, including the working girls. Thus, don't be surprise if you catch your boyfriend checking them out.

Haha, I'm not worried about that. I'm sure they are lovely and I will be having a look too!

What's the general vibe of the place - is it all a bit seedy?

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
actually ladies wear red a lot of the time ...but they go overboard on valentines day

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
And Valentines Day - San Valent?n aka "d?a del amor y la amistad" is also "friendship" day so lots of people exchange tokens of friendship and affection, not just couples.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
you may be a little jealous because some of the women will be better looking than you. keep your boyfriend on a short rope or you may lose him.
other than that, they are harmless. :ermm:

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
All these people are a little harsh on Emma!
Im sure your boyfriend wont even notice them!

I would recommend Papi’s restaurant for lobster and shrimps on Val day.
Its on the beach, beautiful lighting, and setting and the food is fantastic!

Im assuming you haven’t been before?
If you have been to the DR North coast before – I once took my girlfriend to Playa Burgentine for Val day. We had the locals build a bonfire and cook lobster for us. We were the only gringos there at the time and it was beautiful!

Hope you have a fantastic holiday!

Reactions: FernieBee

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i tried not to be, but some people talk like the working girls will attack them. it seems like some people live in a bottle. i just get the feeling that there are alterior motives for bringing up this kind of subject.

i could be wrong...

Emma21

Feb 4, 2009
you may be a little jealous because some of the women will be better looking than you. keep your boyfriend on a short rope or you may lose him.
other than that, they are harmless. :ermm:

:) Hi Kyle...I know where you're coming from but I'm really not worried about my boyfriend looking and I certainly don't live in a bottle. Having researched Cabarete over the past few weeks I've noticed a lot of people mention prostitution and in my (perhaps overactive) mind I'm imagining women with big hair and little clothes all over the place. I live in a city but have never experienced prostitution like that - it will be new for me and I'm just trying to guage what the general vibe of the place is. To be honest I have seen similar things written about the guys over there too. It seems they largely are interested in older women though.

wishingiwasthere said:
All these people are a little harsh on Emma!
Im sure your boyfriend wont even notice them!

I would recommend Papi?s restaurant for lobster and shrimps on Val day.
Its on the beach, beautiful lighting, and setting and the food is fantastic!

Im assuming you haven?t been before?
If you have been to the DR North coast before ? I once took my girlfriend to Playa Burgentine for Val day. We had the locals build a bonfire and cook lobster for us. We were the only gringos there at the time and it was beautiful!

Hope you have a fantastic holiday!

Thank you! Papi's sounds lovely, we will take a look when we get out there. Is Playa Burgentine nearby? Bonfire and lobster sounds amazing!

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
Playa Burgentine ( spelt incorrectly ) would be hard to find if you don’t know your way around the North Coast and we had become friendly with the guys there over time before we did this experience.
Papis – seems to get great reviews on all DR web sites – but book when you get there as im sure it will be busy on that day!

Have a great time and don’t worry about the working girls – that side of the DR seems to be discussed more and more on DR1 right now. If your not interested in having that sort of “fun” out there it wont bother you and you wont notice it that much in Cab.

If you’re a young couple and fancy a bit more of a clubbing party, perhaps seedy atmosphere Sosua is 15 mins away – different vibe but many more working girls that are much more noticeable at night! Nothing wrong with Sosua at all – in fact its where the wife and I go, however a totally different vibe to Cab!

Have fun!

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
yes, have fun and good partying !! don't mind me, i haven't takin my meds in a few days :laugh:

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
For a romantic dinner you might also try Bliss accross from Ocean Dream on the west side of town, Otra Costa (sp) east side of town), Emboca about 2 miles east of town, or the new and improved Waterfront in Sosua.

Bob K

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Lax and Oono's is good also. If you look for prostitution you will find it if you don't you won't.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com

Sorry,

DR tourist area working girls are some of the ugliest women I have ever seen. You have got to be over the hill, under appreciated at home, drunk and in poor lighting to even think about having sex with them.

Sometimes I stare just because I cant imagine who could be desperate enough to give them business, its like a car wreck, horrible but you cant look away.

abe

Jan 2, 2002
Otra Cosa for Valentine's Day

First of all, the owners are French--that gives them a headstart in romance, I believe.

It also is set off by itself and can provide privacy if you get an oceanfront table.

I always thought it was the best restaurant in Cabarete--and there is some tough competition, to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.