Dominican Women Make Great Wives

F

fred

Is anyone out there married to a Dominican woman. What are they like as wives? Are they faithful for the most part? Will they wait for their man if he is a foreigner while being sponsored.

W

Wim Van Roey

I think the best way to find out is staying a time with her and you will see . I'm just turned from the Dominican Republic and I was stayed their in the house of my girlfriend . When I arrived in the airport she was their with a part of her family . I believe when a girl or boy waiting for you and she bright her or his family to the airport it is a good sign .

Did you speak with family of her or is she only asking money to you ?
Have she pictures from you to show them to her family ?
Because dominicans are very familair to each other .

I hope the best for you !

Greetings , Wim .

B

bob saunders

I can only answer for my relationship. I am married to a wonderful Dominicana from Jarabacoa. Although we are still working out some of the differences in our upbringing and minor cultural differences, I'm very happy with Yris and I believe she happy with me. I think that women or men are basically the same in every country. If you are not sure, hold off on your marriage, but you only live once and hindsight is 20/20, if you know what i mean. If you love her, marry her and bring her to your country, but be prepared to make adjustments. My Dominican Woman is intelligent and independent but still manages to treat me very special. Hope this helps.

S

Sonny

If you have these kinds of questions about a woman that you may be sponsoring then perhaps you may have picked the wrong woman.When you ask "are they faithful for the most part?" and "how are they for wives?"..what kind of question is that??? Almost makes it sound like you're going out to buy a dog or something and you're checking the type of breed.C'mon people are people no matter where they are from,some are good and some bad.

A

Andreas

Re: Dominican Women ARE Great Wives

Check it out! But be carefully, it's like in every place where you are, you can not go and find, you will find by going! But one thing is clearly for me: If you like to know a woman from DR, you have to go outside from the ?tourist-zone? When you are going inside of DR Maybe to Santiago ( my wife is coming from there ) the chance is higher to know a wife who will feel like you wish it! Shit, it's hard in english! I'm a german guy who talks here in germany mostly spanish! So long!

P

Pat

I am sorry but like they said what kind of questions are they? either you love her and trust her to marry her or not. It's just like the ladies who ask about the men, same thing either you do or don't someone else's opion may help but at the same time you have to take a chance in life and in general that is why we are all hear on earth....(I don't want to sound religous b/c I am not) But I am married to a dominican man and you know what if I listen to everyone else and did not follow what I wanted I would be what if......... for the rest of my life and I am happy to say that he and I are very happy........ so do what you want b/c only you know what you want..........

J

Jim H

You will find that Dominicans are people just like every one else.Some are good some are not,Personaly I think I found a very good wife.As some one said, she too is very independent,but she really impresess me.She is 9 months pregnet but still wants to go to work with me everyday and when we get home she goes to cooking and cleaning and gets mad if I try to help.So yesterday for Thanksgiving I made her set down while I did all the cooking and cleaning.I think that Nati is a very good wife,but you need to know the person first,just like in any other relationship

B

Bob

Right On, Sonny !

I'm with Sonny. At first I thought Fred was talking about getting himself a puppydog at some kennel he saw and wanted to be sure his new pet itself would behave in his little castle.
What if people on this forum, who have a real, sometimes intimate relationship with the Dominican people and their land, would have said that the se?oritas of Quisqeya are not good housemates ? Oye,Chulo Fred, let's start all over, shall we ? You want your girl to respect you, you start off by showing her (whoever the lucky gal is) some real respect.

P

pascal

This is a long debate and not so obvious for one to come up with relevant observation. Try this out you european and americans . drop a knife or anything and say i dropped it. Ask your Dominican partnet to do the same and see what he or she says.The most likely you will hear is 'Se cayo !!!!!'
this is about cultural diference . cheers !

B

Brenda

OK.....Please translate Se Cayo ?

L

leonard

Translated it literally means: "It fell by itself"

L

leonard

Why so much hostility on this board? Maybe Fred is not articulate enought to explain himself properly. From my experience most latin american women are very loyal to their husbands, so long as they do not cheat! I could understand Fred's anxiety, he probably met a great Dominican woman when he was there, but as many of you know, upon returning to your own country, many friends and family take a dim view of marrying someone abroad.

J

Jim Hinsch

Re: Se Cay?

Actually, it just means "it fell". If you try to translate it literally, it means "it dropped itself" or "itself it dropped", but that would be an incorrect translation.

S

Sonny

Leonard,I would'nt say my response was hostile in the earlier post but I do find yours a little humourous when you say "from my experience most latin women are very loyal to thier husbands,so long as they don't cheat!"
Thats almost like saying my Pitt Bull is a good dog...as long as he don't bite me in the ass!

S

Susanne

Honestly, I don't think you can stereotype a whole gender like that. Neither do I think that you should.

The question you need to ask is really: what should a woman be like to be a good wife for you?

Is it an independent person with a mind of her own that can challenge you and help you broaden your mind, someone who can support you in times of trouble? Is it a friend as well as a lover? Is it an equal? Is it a good cook? A good mother? Is it someone who should be dependent on you? Someone that will make you feel superior? Do you want her to be exciting, humble, a house maker or a woman with a career?

The point is: No matter what you want, you can probably find just the right person in the DR. As well as in any other country in the World! You just have to look. And trust. Instead of asking other people for different stereotypes, trust your feelings and your own judgement. If I were your wife to be I would be somewhat upset if I found out that you were asking total strangers to give an opinion of the marriage - by asking what "Dominican women" are really like.

Regards,
Susanne

K

Katia

I can't believe someone would ask: Do Dominican women make great wives ? I don't know where that person comes from but would he go around asking people Do American women make great wives ? Or Canadian women make great wives ?

Doesn't trust and respect associate with marriage (as well as love, of course) ?

Like anywhere in the world, there are good and there are bad. I wish people would stop making those kinds of remarks.

I'm married to a wonderful Dominican man and I never stopped and asked myself or others: Do Dominican men make great husbands ?

Katia

G

Greg

I have no idea what Dominican wives are like as a generalization. I can only tell you that mine is muy sabroso. I love her dearly.

Being married to her has been both one of the most rewarding things I have ever done, as well as one of the most difficult. That is my experience though, your milage may vary.

I think it is fair to generalize however that different people from different cultures tend to forge different outlooks on life. If you are someone who loves what is different in your mate, you will do fine. If you expect to take any person from a different culture into your culture and expect that they change overnight to being totally comfortable and well-fitting, then you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

Good luck!

C

CES

Re: Great Wives. . . :) (Greg)

~ ~ ~ I can only tell you that mine is muy especial. I love her dearly. ~ ~ ~

Hi Greg,

How is it possible that you know "una Compatriota"? ? ? LOL

I agree 100% with your characterization of your relationship.

Regards,

. . . CES

M

meliza Reynoso

ever heard of the word TACT!!!
are you talknig about actual human beings, women, or cattle?
ever heard of just going to DR and finding out whether or not you like the PERSON!!!!