dominican citizenship

clarkeyl

Aug 8, 2008
hello anyone know what the process is for becoming a dominican citizan im british married to a dominican

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If you are a female, it is easy...just file the papers

If you are male, much more difficult. The question being is "Oh my God, WHY????" Why would you ever, except to try and ingratiate yourself>>/??

HB

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Not sure why you want to become a Dominican Citizen but here is the info. DR1 - Legal

You are married to a Dominican man so it will be easy but you still have to go through some paper work.

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
If you are a female, it is easy...just file the papers

If you are male, much more difficult. The question being is "Oh my God, WHY????" Why would you ever, except to try and ingratiate yourself>>/??

HB

Why NOT? It's not as if she is going to lose her British citizenship, if she likes the country and she wants be live in the DR she might as well become a citizen, like many people do when they settle permanently in another country and want to participate in the everyday life of that country decision making.

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Not sure why you want to become a Dominican Citizen but here is the info. DR1 - Legal

You are married to a Dominican man so it will be easy but you still have to go through some paper work.

AnnaC what is she going to lose if she become a Dominican citizen?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I ask to know the motive so we can help her. The OP is trying to get her hubby to the UK and is having a difficult time with that so I ask so that she doesn't waste time and money thinking that being a Dominican Citizen would help her in some way.

socuban

Nov 24, 2002
rock the vote

I suppose if you live in the country and you'd like to make a difference (or at least think you did), citizenship will allow one to vote?

And then there are the trips to Cuba as a Dominican:paranoid:

clarkeyl

Aug 8, 2008
yes im having a hard time getting my husband to the uk and understand that becoming a citizzen of the dominican republic will not help in my case however this is not the reason i want the gain citizenship i hVE BIG PLANES:cheeky: and these are 1 of the hurdles i have to jump first