Can we end the war?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iluvsosua

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 17, 2008
I would like to end the war. I am a good woman raising good kids. what my husband may do and many of you think it is a certain club..it may actually not be at all...but, I just want peace....yes, my husband is part owner of a club. I do not in any way like what he does...but it is what he does. he is a upstanding man who pays the girls who works for him, pays their rent, pays their doctors bills, pays for them to eat meals every day. He gets mad at them when they refuse to carry condoms of which he provides. That is about it...Yes, he gets paid if a guy wants to take them out...but no one knows he just had all their rooms re-painted, re-built, new beds, new furniture, and pays for everything for them to live. My husband is a good man and feels for these girls....he also wants it to be more of a club rather than a cat house. He will never ever ever sleep with any of them and treats them like HUMANS. Please please let us all end this nastiness between us.
I was concerned about my kids for a legit reason...I have only been to d.r. 2 times...so please please let's stop with the hating.
I tend to lash out at people who judge so quickly. If you have an issue, I will be more than happy to respond....but I do not do well with judgement, accusations and cruelness.

Reactions: FernieBee

bryan1258

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
Personal attacks will not be tolerated - please refrain from repeating your actions.

Gregg
Mod.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Rocky

FernieBee

Bronze
Feb 20, 2008
Good luck to your husband, the girls who work in the club, and to you and your children. If I get the chance, I'll stop by the club...to soak in the ambience.

1fid8k.jpg

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
I would like to end the war. I am a good woman raising good kids. what my husband may do and many of you think it is a certain club..it may actually not be at all...but, I just want peace....yes, my husband is part owner of a club. I do not in any way like what he does...but it is what he does. he is a upstanding man who pays the girls who works for him, pays their rent, pays their doctors bills, pays for them to eat meals every day. He gets mad at them when they refuse to carry condoms of which he provides. That is about it...Yes, he gets paid if a guy wants to take them out...but no one knows he just had all their rooms re-painted, re-built, new beds, new furniture, and pays for everything for them to live. My husband is a good man and feels for these girls....he also wants it to be more of a club rather than a cat house. He will never ever ever sleep with any of them and treats them like HUMANS. Please please let us all end this nastiness between us.
I was concerned about my kids for a legit reason...I have only been to d.r. 2 times...so please please let's stop with the hating.
I tend to lash out at people who judge so quickly. If you have an issue, I will be more than happy to respond....but I do not do well with judgement, accusations and cruelness.

I'm not a lawyer but I could understand it if people misinterpret the above;)

b.batista

Feb 21, 2008
English is not my first tongue and I want to be certain that I understand if this is what you are saying.
?My husband is a nice generous sweeter gentler form of pimp than most. I know it is illegal and immoral but I want you to stop hating us because he is a better type of criminal than most and I want you all to support me and him even though he is breaking the law and you think that pimping is disgusting. Me and my kids need your assistance and friendship and we do not think that we should be denied acceptance because my husband is a Mafioso.?

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I think its the dual standards that are bothering people the most ie you dont want your children to be brought up around prostitutes but you run a business that puts prostitutes around other peoples children -what are your views on that conundrum

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Just don't move here-

I guess that you (the OP) are having some moral questions as well - perhaps about living in the million dollar home and sending your kids to the private schools and not quite really approving of how the money comes in.....About who does what in order to pay your bills-- but that is a matter for your own conscience. We all sympathized with Tony Soprano's wife, too.

What you should be picking up here is that while the DR is a sexually tolerant society- due to its being massively patriarchal, full of male privilege, and poor and Latin and generally less uptight than the British "colonies"- there is also a very strong moral code in the society as to what respectable behavior is.

While Domincan wives may tolerate infidelity, it is expected that such matters are conducted with safety and discretion.

For instance, Europeans on the beach in Las Terrenas will go topless, which Dominicans do not do. The Dominicans will not enforce their own laws against public nudity because they need the money that the "gringos"(Don't start - I have heard French people refer to themselves as "gringos") bring in. Dominicans have very little respect for the "Eurotrash" which has washed up on their beaches, even though they might well appreciate their dollars and euros.

You evidently have so far maintained a "firewall" between your husband's work and your children's lives. If you were to move down here, that would be impossible. Everyone would know what the kids' father does for a living. They would not be invited to befriend the children of the "respectable" middle class. The grapevine here is more efficient than the internet.

So you would not be able to have a decent live here. Even if you tried moving to Santiago or Santo Domingo, it would be known.

You might be able to do so in another island, say Puerto Rico. But as long as your husband is in the business that he is in, you had best keep your children far, far, far away. Unless that is the future that you want for them as well.

And, of course, should you want to "go clean"- and try to just have a little hotel or restaurant somewhere --- well, the money will be so little compared to what you are living on now. Will you even be able to do it?

carl.r

Oct 22, 2007
i agree with b.batista. sounds like a club for sad old men whos only chance of getting laid is if they pay for it

b.batista

Feb 21, 2008
Stones will continue to be thrown as long as her bar continues to break Media Ambiente noise laws and is a drug center with transvestites and prostitutes in the tourist area of Sosua.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
English is not my first tongue and I want to be certain that I understand if this is what you are saying.
?My husband is a nice generous sweeter gentler form of pimp than most. I know it is illegal and immoral but I want you to stop hating us because he is a better type of criminal than most and I want you all to support me and him even though he is breaking the law and you think that pimping is disgusting. Me and my kids need your assistance and friendship and we do not think that we should be denied acceptance because my husband is a Mafioso.?

Quite a liitle moral tonque lashing there. It doesn't appear to be illegal, it's better in an establishment than on the streets,and as to whether it is immoral depends on your morals. I'm a live and let live person myself. Who am I, or you to place judgement on another. To the OP good luck in deciding what you'll do as far a moving there or not. None of us are walking in your shoes so in the end it matter not a bit what we think or say.

b.batista

Feb 21, 2008
Quite a liitle moral tonque lashing there. It doesn't appear to be illegal, it's better in an establishment than on the streets,and as to whether it is immoral depends on your morals. I'm a live and let live person myself. Who am I, or you to place judgement on another. To the OP good luck in deciding what you'll do as far a moving there or not. None of us are walking in your shoes so in the end it matter not a bit what we think or say.
Pimping is illegal in the DR and so is drugs.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
The legality or illegality of the "salida" (the fee customers pay to take a girl out of a club) is an interesting issue. Any fool can see that the club is profiting from prostitution (which would be illegal in the DR), but I'm sure if you asked their lawyer he would set you straight.

If "the act" takes place on site, the fee is "for the use of the room". If the girl leaves, there is another explaination/rationalization. It is a fact that these girls are the primary attraction for the bars where they work. They generate revenue by bringing men in, keeping them there (and drinking) longer, and getting them to buy drinks for themselves and their friends. Take a girl home with you, and a source of revenue has been lost. The salida compensates the club for this. Working around the law in these ways along with, no doubt, the greasing of the right palms, is how these fees are charged openly and without consequences throughout the DR.

Reactions: FernieBee
Status
Not open for further replies.