Puerto Plata nightlife outside resorts

Status
Not open for further replies.

eltigre

Mar 23, 2008
curious to know what may be going on in Puerto Plata at night, any good spots to hang out at, car wash or cool bars???

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Sounds like you are looking for Dominican places. 3 come to mind right off. La Canita on Muelle (the road that goes to the port), Rancho Tipico Puerto Plata on the N Coast highway near the university, and Terrazo Caribe, which is on the road 1 block East of Avenida Colon. All play a mixture of merengue, bachata, tipico and reggeaton, and have reasonably priced drinks.

beatcha tuit planner!;)

elliot mintz

Jan 15, 2009
This is my first post. I will be in Cabarete March 1 for about ten days and really appreciate all the scoop you people provide. I am interested in seeing Dominican village life, schools and have hooked up with the DREAM project in Cabarete. I have reserved a rental car and wonder how much it would cost to hire a driver by the day? Im an older retired guy from California and do speak some Spanish. Thanks again for the insights on this forum

RIDDLER

Jan 30, 2009
la canita, rancho tipico, terrazo caribe and el balcon are all good spots but there is a little colmado type place called alexis not too far from the courthouse that always seems to have a nice crowd drinking and watching baseball or some sport on a projector tv in front In most of the local spots drinks are very reasonable

Status
Not open for further replies.