Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Howto: Withdrawing money from Paypal

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Howto: Withdrawing money from Paypal

How to withdraw from Paypal - costs you 5% of your transaction value

If you are in the DR and receive money via Paypal and you do not have bank account to withdraw to, you can:

1) Transfer money to another Paypal account designated for another country (E,g, Europe, Canada) - where you can link your European/Canadian account and transfer money to that account.

So it works like this: You get money in your DR Paypal account, you transfer money to your European/Canadian Paypal account, and you withdraw to your European/Canadian bank account.

From DR Paypal, you can withdraw ONLY to a US based bank account.

Now, if you are unable to withdraw to US based bak account, and are unable to transfer to Canadian or European Paypal, you can use the second option.

2)

Go to www.xoom.com and transfer money (not to yourself) from Paypal account. You have to be a verified PayPal member.

WARNING: DO NOT, EVER, USE DIRECT CONNECTION TO XOOM FROM DR. If they see your IP address as DR, transferring to DR, they will refuse the transaction and block your name as sender/receiver forever. Use a proxy server, or sign up for trial AOL Broadband account and use AOL (it actually functions as a US based proxy server).

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

AOL is not a foolproof proxy, it only masks your location for non-secure browsing. Once you go HTTPS it lets the site you are on know your true IP.

Much better to use gotrusted, they have a free 1 week trial so you can see if it works.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

rubio,

Did Xoom let you know why they would prohibit and cancel your account for sending money from the DR ? I did it once, because I lost my debit card a few weeks ago. I logged on using a computer in DR and sent money to another person located in DR just once and it went through.

Since then I've been using Xoom without a problem !

I guess I won't do that anymore, cause I like using Xoom.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Xoom's explanation is if you're in the DR and transferring to the DR... just give'm money in cash

Post Thanks / Like

hey i just contacted xoom about wanting to transfer money to a dominican republic bank account using a dominican paypal account and this is what they said

Thank you for contacting Xoom Customer Service.

Please note that you can transfer the funds to yourself in Dominican Republic via using your verified Pay Pal account.

so what do you think?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I am looking for something like that. Paypal requires a US Bank Account, right? As non US Citizen I can not apply for one, could you give me the Homepage to apply for a "dominican paypal account"? Maybe that would be interesting for others here, too...

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caribmike View Post
    I am looking for something like that. Paypal requires a US Bank Account, right? As non US Citizen I can not apply for one, could you give me the Homepage to apply for a "dominican paypal account"? Maybe that would be interesting for others here, too...
    You can have a bank account in any of these 24 countries listed with "full service", just not DR! You DO NOT need to be a US citizen, or need a US bank account to use PAYPAL.

Please read The OP's post, it explains how Paypal can be used in DR! You have a bad habit of not reading the thread and asking questions that are already answered!

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...ntries-outside
    Last edited by Tamborista; 07-22-2009 at 11:43 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

so xoom can be used to transfer paypal money to a dominican bank account without using proxies? thats what i want to know

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rubio_higuey View Post
    Go to www.xoom.com and transfer money (not to yourself) from Paypal account. You have to be a verified PayPal member.

WARNING: DO NOT, EVER, USE DIRECT CONNECTION TO XOOM FROM DR. If they see your IP address as DR, transferring to DR, they will refuse the transaction and block your name as sender/receiver forever. Use a proxy server, or sign up for trial AOL Broadband account and use AOL (it actually functions as a US based proxy server).
    Did you read this?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tamborista View Post
    You can have a bank account in any of these 24 countries listed with "full service", just not DR! You DO NOT need to be a US citizen, or need a US bank account to use PAYPAL.

Please read The OP's post, it explains how Paypal can be used in DR! You have a bad habit of not reading the thread and asking questions that are already answered!

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...ntries-outside
    Sorry, and thank you!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast