Howto: Withdrawing money from Paypal

Feb 7, 2007
How to withdraw from Paypal - costs you 5% of your transaction value

If you are in the DR and receive money via Paypal and you do not have bank account to withdraw to, you can:

1) Transfer money to another Paypal account designated for another country (E,g, Europe, Canada) - where you can link your European/Canadian account and transfer money to that account.

So it works like this: You get money in your DR Paypal account, you transfer money to your European/Canadian Paypal account, and you withdraw to your European/Canadian bank account.

From DR Paypal, you can withdraw ONLY to a US based bank account.

Now, if you are unable to withdraw to US based bak account, and are unable to transfer to Canadian or European Paypal, you can use the second option.

2)

Go to www.xoom.com and transfer money (not to yourself) from Paypal account. You have to be a verified PayPal member.

WARNING: DO NOT, EVER, USE DIRECT CONNECTION TO XOOM FROM DR. If they see your IP address as DR, transferring to DR, they will refuse the transaction and block your name as sender/receiver forever. Use a proxy server, or sign up for trial AOL Broadband account and use AOL (it actually functions as a US based proxy server).

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
AOL is not a foolproof proxy, it only masks your location for non-secure browsing. Once you go HTTPS it lets the site you are on know your true IP.

Much better to use gotrusted, they have a free 1 week trial so you can see if it works.

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
rubio,

Did Xoom let you know why they would prohibit and cancel your account for sending money from the DR ? I did it once, because I lost my debit card a few weeks ago. I logged on using a computer in DR and sent money to another person located in DR just once and it went through.

Since then I've been using Xoom without a problem !

I guess I won't do that anymore, cause I like using Xoom.

darkvivi

Jul 22, 2009
hey i just contacted xoom about wanting to transfer money to a dominican republic bank account using a dominican paypal account and this is what they said

Thank you for contacting Xoom Customer Service.

Please note that you can transfer the funds to yourself in Dominican Republic via using your verified Pay Pal account.

so what do you think?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I am looking for something like that. Paypal requires a US Bank Account, right? As non US Citizen I can not apply for one, could you give me the Homepage to apply for a "dominican paypal account"? Maybe that would be interesting for others here, too...

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I am looking for something like that. Paypal requires a US Bank Account, right? As non US Citizen I can not apply for one, could you give me the Homepage to apply for a "dominican paypal account"? Maybe that would be interesting for others here, too...

You can have a bank account in any of these 24 countries listed with "full service", just not DR! You DO NOT need to be a US citizen, or need a US bank account to use PAYPAL.

Please read The OP's post, it explains how Paypal can be used in DR! You have a bad habit of not reading the thread and asking questions that are already answered!

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-approved-signup-countries-outside

Last edited:

darkvivi

Jul 22, 2009
so xoom can be used to transfer paypal money to a dominican bank account without using proxies? thats what i want to know

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Go to www.xoom.com and transfer money (not to yourself) from Paypal account. You have to be a verified PayPal member.

WARNING: DO NOT, EVER, USE DIRECT CONNECTION TO XOOM FROM DR. If they see your IP address as DR, transferring to DR, they will refuse the transaction and block your name as sender/receiver forever. Use a proxy server, or sign up for trial AOL Broadband account and use AOL (it actually functions as a US based proxy server).

Did you read this?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009

darkvivi

Jul 22, 2009
yea i did read it but if you read this
Did Xoom let you know why they would prohibit and cancel your account for sending money from the DR ? I did it once, because I lost my debit card a few weeks ago. I logged on using a computer in DR and sent money to another person located in DR just once and it went through.

you can some doubts about that, i want to know where did rubio get that info thats all

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Why wouldn't you go into the bank, they issue a debit card on the spot, or give you cash from your passbook. Whatever, I like reading a good novela about a Sanky and his missing cash!

darkvivi

Jul 22, 2009
can i do that?, i dont see that option in my paypal, if its possible could you give more info please?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I was thinking the same thing. I have been using a PayPal debit card in the DR for quite some time now. Works like a charm.

Dominican PAYPAL has all kinds of limitations, the poster still has not told me if she even has a PAYPAL debit card.

You & I are using a PAYPAL account with a US bank as back up, I am fairly sure you can use a PAYPAL Debit card anywhere funded strictly by a PAYPAL balance with no back up funding, according to their "vague website?

PAYPAL does not permit a Dominican Bank as a backup funding source, so I don't know if they even issue a Debit card?

How do you fund your novia(s) PAYPAL accounts or do you XOOM them?
;)

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Response from PAYPAL

XXX, it is not necessary to have a back up funding source when you have
the PayPal debit card that is strictly optional to the card holder. If
you did decide to connect a back up funding source to your card, you
would only be able to use your bank account connected to your PayPal
account. To use the card at an ATM, your funds do have to be in your
PayPal balance, you wouldn't be able to withdraw them directly from your
back up funding source.

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
Call me taca?o, but all I am wondering is why anyone would give up 5% to get their own money from their own account?????

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Call me taca?o, but all I am wondering is why anyone would give up 5% to get their own money from their own account?????

It depends on what kind of Paypal account you have.

If you have a 'personal' account you can only accept payments that people send you from their Paypal account [meaning they have a balance in there], or from their bank through a 'check', but no credit cards. And you can't withdraw more than $500 a month. But, there is no charge to you for money you get.

If you have a 'business' account, you are charged a percentage of each and every cent that you get, much like if you had a merchant credit card account = so much per transaction, plus a percentage. The charge is the same if the person pays you using a credit card or if they have cash in their own Paypal account. We do a lot of EBay business, and believe me those charges add up. To get more than $500 per month you need to give them a lot of personal info to prove who you are.

More and more sites accept Paypal - when I bought my AA ticket last week Paypal was one of the payment options.

Which might be another way for the OP to get his/her money out of the Paypal account - buy something they need and use the Paypal money/