puerta plata airport to sosua

clemrox

Apr 19, 2008
What would be the best and cheapest way to get from Puerta Plata airport to los balcones in Sosua, there are 8 of us with luggage.

Thanks

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Email my friend Jaime for a cuote at polancobus@hotmail.com

JJ

I'm sure Jaime is fine, but there's a ton of taxi drivers with minivans, and the whole thing should cost you about 30 bux each way. Sosua's only about 10-15 minutes from the airport. That breaks down to a little less than 4 bux per person.

Have fun,

DRob :glasses:

Reactions: FernieBee

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
I'm sure Jaime is fine, but there's a ton of taxi drivers with minivans, and the whole thing should cost you about 30 bux each way. Sosua's only about 10-15 minutes from the airport. That breaks down to a little less than 4 bux per person.

Have fun,

DRob :glasses:

I believe the fare is $25 by cab. But note the fare is for 4 persons and luggage, so you will need two cabs for your party.

Bob K

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I believe the fare is $25 by cab. But note the fare is for 4 persons and luggage, so you will need two cabs for your party.

Bob K

That is the reasons for what I?ve recommend Jaime, as he usually has large vehicles making turns at POP, he can arrange a Toyota coaster and the rate will be no more than US. 45. 00

JJ

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Jamie sounds like the better deal, but I don't know Jamie. Taxi prices are posted in the airport as soon as you come out of customs.

donmobay

Say what ! ???
Dec 10, 2005
difference in price

got off the plane and actually had no reservations or info where what etc. guy comes up to me and asks if i need a cab. start talking a little. find out the fares sosua 10$ and pop 15$ i took the 10$ cab...and the guy took me to 2 different local hotels.. ended up staying up the hill in a now closed hotel was really nice. good mix of people...reasonable$$

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
I've used jamie in the past and he is very reliable. He answers phone and email messages promptly and for 8 people with luggage the taxi mafia (oops I mean union) have their over charges already set.

Donmobay, you were very very lucky to get a taxi out of pop for $10/350RD. The cheapest I ever got was RD$900. please send me a pm of the taxi driver number who gives rides out of POP for 10 bucks, thanks.

swiggy

Oct 7, 2007
got off the plane and actually had no reservations or info where what etc. guy comes up to me and asks if i need a cab. start talking a little. find out the fares sosua 10$ and pop 15$ i took the 10$ cab...and the guy took me to 2 different local hotels.. ended up staying up the hill in a now closed hotel was really nice. good mix of people...reasonable$$

the posted fare at the airport was $20 two years ago so you got a deal. 4 years ago was $15. Right now I don't know the exact price because i rent a car, or my friend picks me up. But we all know its not going down.

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

10 dollars for ten minute ride - is reasonable. 1 dollar for each minute of work. Not bad for Dominican standards.

Wish all of them were like him!!

Give us his # , we need to support the honest guy! Me - first!