! ROUND 2 booking my 2nd trip to DR last year was a HOME RUN!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murdsta21

Jun 21, 2008
;)

well I was agressivly on these fourms about a year ago trying to get information which is the best AI resort, best place for partying,nightlife, where the hot girls are and all that good stuff. Alot of the people in here gave me some seriousssly good advice which made my trip special as it was. !!!

Well last time it was 4 of us from NYC ages 20-21 and we stay at AI resort Breeze SuperCLub staff was great, food was nice and there was 24 snack bar which is key for late nites, overall actions as far at chicas and girls on the resort as O.K. but we all had legendary time when we left the resort and went to sosua, all i have to say is La PAssions. Go there ya 1st or 2nd day of ya Trip its good times. the clubs like After one, CLassicos and latinos were very good but all in all we had a great time....

*NOWW we are going down again in APril and we got about 10-20 people going and we got native speakers this time and were all crazy new yorkers about to have another good time.....HOWEVER DR FOURMS I ASK YOU tHIS...any suggestions for another AI resort because we don't really want to go to breezes again and i heard casa marina is kind of dirty and the drinks are not 24 hours which is trash so...i don't no...but some suggestion would be key for our 2nd Legendary DR trip.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Ahhh, murdsta. You're back.
Remember to post pictures again after this year's trip!

I don't have a recommendation for an AI in Sosua, but on one of your 'Passions free nights', head over to Cabarete bars about 11:30pm. I think your group will have a good time there too... and you may just consider Cabarete for the next year after having done so.

Also, make a mid/late afternoon trip to Cabarete to check out the beach and bar lounge scene. A lot more people your age around here.

If I recall correctly, you never made it to Cabarete last year after finding the ladies in Sosua.

Murdsta21

Jun 21, 2008
HAHAHAH yess man, I am back and your 100% right i never made it to cabrete and damn man your right on with your advice and posts and i thank you for being an active member...keep me posted with any other news bro

LoboNegro

Feb 5, 2008
yea you should get rid of that all inclusive mentality...you wont be able to have ur free for alls...find a nice villa
lol @ we brought native speakers this time...MONEY TALKS...try milquientos...lol
Classicos, after one, depends on wha u lookin for that night there is plenty and its all flavors...

Reactions: FernieBee

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
boooked!!!!! can't wait

Glad you had fun last time. A few things:

1) your 10-20 friends will probably dwindle to maybe half that. Plans change, and it's a recession. That said, it's probably a good thing, as you don't want to play group leader on your own vacation.

2) Happiness for you guys is a non-AI resort where you can invite ladies back. There are many options listed on this site, look for them in the "search" section.

3) More time in Cabarete is time well spent.

Be safe & have fun,

DRob:glasses:

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
If you want to be able to eat at night, past 11PM, You want a AI. You can rent a villa or 2 condo's, 2 BR. usually sleep 6. Stay in Cabarete or Sousa and you can walk to almost anything you want. More to do in Cabarete during the day, but if you don't get up till 2-3PM it doesn't matter. Girls are all over both places. As Said before 20 usually ends up 12. Good luck, have fun, Welcome Back.

Murdsta21

Jun 21, 2008
thanks guys thanks guys...and yeah your right our 20 man trip has droped to half we got 10 of us going and were heading down to Breezes again 4/2 4/7....do the vacation thing again in the day enjoy the resort and all the fun commodiaties they got to offer then at night were going to hit the custie bars and clubs and all that...shud be another classic time!!!!

Murdsta21

Jun 21, 2008
Ahhh, murdsta. You're back.
Remember to post pictures again after this year's trip!

I don't have a recommendation for an AI in Sosua, but on one of your 'Passions free nights', head over to Cabarete bars about 11:30pm. I think your group will have a good time there too... and you may just consider Cabarete for the next year after having done so.

Also, make a mid/late afternoon trip to Cabarete to check out the beach and bar lounge scene. A lot more people your age around here.

If I recall correctly, you never made it to Cabarete last year after finding the ladies in Sosua.

yeahhh we defff goin to CABARETE heavvyy

DOMINCAN JOE

Bronze
Aug 15, 2006
If you want to be able to eat at night, past 11PM, You can rent 2 condo's, 2 BR. usually sleep 6. Stay in Sousa
Condo - Rocky's Rock & Blues Bar and Hotel, Sosua - Dominican Republic

Or maybe here The Best Budget Hotel in Sos?a

http://www.dr1.com/forums/polls/79452-best-budget-hotel-sos-2.html
A variety of services such as FREE airport pick-up for hotel guests, travel information from people who really know, public internet service, FREE Wifi, security box (safe), multi-lingual staff and more, make Rocky's a great place to visit
DR1 Dominican Republic Forums

Home Page
Rocky's Rock & Blues Bar and Hotel, Sosua - Dominican Republic
This Page
DR1 Dominican Republic Forums

mrdifficult

Mar 6, 2009
I'm also going to Sosua (Round 2)

Fellas,

i'm new to the forum but not to the dr. I went to the dr in april of last year with 3 other guys and we stayed at the sosua bay resort. This was an all inclusive resort and it was great! We used to get back from after one around 4am and go to the cafeteria and the chef would make us marinated chicken breast and potatoes. Off the hook!

We are heading back there from april 1-6 and can't wait. This time we are planning to go to santiago on the weekend, which is an hour away. Can you shed some light on santiago. We heard the clubs and women in santiago are ridiculous!

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Fellas,

i'm new to the forum but not to the dr. I went to the dr in april of last year with 3 other guys and we stayed at the sosua bay resort. This was an all inclusive resort and it was great! We used to get back from after one around 4am and go to the cafeteria and the chef would make us marinated chicken breast and potatoes. Off the hook!

We are heading back there from april 1-6 and can't wait. This time we are planning to go to santiago on the weekend, which is an hour away. Can you shed some light on santiago. We heard the clubs and women in santiago are ridiculous!

Sure.

Santiago is more than an hour, even if you take a cab. Via Caribe Tours, you're looking at 1.5-2 hours travel time.

If you're going for the clubs, clearly you're not thinking of just a day trip, which wouldn't make much sense. The kicker here is Santiago isn't super lively during the week, so the best time to go there is Friday-Saturday, which of course is the best time to be in Sosua as well.

Santiago is not a tourist town (although there are great things to see). There are a few good hotels. I've stayed at Aloha Sol, which is nice. Heard good things about Gran Almirante as well.

Pretty women - are quite literally everywhere. But you'd better have a very, very good handle on your espanol, if you're interested in anything remotely close to regular girls (no, "I have a friend who speaks spanish" isn't good enough.) Otherwise, best to stick to the red lights on the North Coast.

Good luck, have fun, and be safe,

DRob :glasses:

mrdifficult

Mar 6, 2009
Thanks DJ

Thanks a lot for the advice. None of us speak spanish but I understand it very well. However, that may not be enough. We planned to go to Santiago on Friday or Saturday. We heard about Club Ambis and La Pasion. We also heard that more of the locals (not prostitutes) could be found there. If you don't suggest it, being we're not from the DR, then I will take your advice. Last year, we managed to go to Caberete and it definitely reminded me of my college spring break years. There were a lot of young people. We didn't go during the day, we went at night. The younger crowd turns me off, being that the average age of all of us going is 35.
So I guess we're looking for an older crowd.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
You will have no problem @ Passions in Santiago, just bring lotsa Pesos for the Salida... you have about a 1% chance meeting "normal" Santiaguerras with your level of Spanish.

Stick with Sosua on the weekends, and you won't need Spanish to meet a nice Santiaguerra "Med student" looking for help with tuition!

tambo'

mrdifficult

Mar 6, 2009
Tambo

In US Dollars is that about $150.00. What's the going rate for dominican pesos. Last August, it was 32.54. How far of a drive would you say is it from Sosua to Santiago. I keep getting conflicting information. I heard it's better to go there on a friday or saturday afternoon, book a room for the night, go out to the clubs, stay there overnight and then get a cab to go back to Sosua in the morning.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
35.40RD = USD

It is an hour & 20 minute drive with no traffic from Sosua.

Amigo...you are wasting your time in Santiago without a command of the language, trust me. Everything you are shopping for is available locally!

I am sure AZB, our resident STI Macdaddy will confirm this.

tambo'

Status
Not open for further replies.