Starting in March, AA will begin charging for food on DR flights

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Chicken, rice & beans a la Dominicana ............ RD $50 per polystyrene container??:pirate:?? :cheeky:

At 30,000 feet that sounds a bit ........ dangerous!!??

I wonder how many will try throwing the containers out of the window?? ;) :ermm: :surprised ~ Grahame.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
The nickel-and-dime fest continues. Perhaps the CEO is looking for ways to pay for the outrageous bonus I'm sure he'll be demanding.

Reactions: drloca

corsair74

Bronze
Jul 3, 2006
Dammit! I have no doubt that AA will soon be charging for carry-ons.

I need to go ahead and redeem all of my miles so I can finally tell AA to kiss my axx!:mad:

Vince.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I love delta. haven't flown in AA in years. I have a feeling AA will be charging for the usage of bathroom as well in the near future.
Delta all the way. Viva delta.
AZB

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
I love delta. haven't flown in AA in years. I have a feeling AA will be charging for the usage of bathroom as well in the near future.
Delta all the way. Viva delta.
AZB

Everybody in economic class in Delta need to pay for their food too it's not just AA.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Everybody in economic class in Delta need to pay for their food too it's not just AA.

and who says i fly economy class? hahahaha
anybody who sees me fly delta, will never see me in economy. That's why I love delta.
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Very lucky. He's got a connection at Delta, which means he also pays next to nothing for that choice seat.

we pay and its not all that cheap either. lets say we pay a fixed price as compared to the rest of the people. The employees pay only taxes, we pay yield fare plus taxes. believe me, its not all that cheap as you all think.
AZB

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
we pay and its not all that cheap either. lets say we pay a fixed price as compared to the rest of the people. The employees pay only taxes, we pay yield fare plus taxes. believe me, its not all that cheap as you all think.
AZB

Even the taxes for employees are very high to fly to DR compare to ther Country in Latin America or Europe.
Even when Delta used to offer free meals in coach, pleople complaint about the food..always want to get Mangu or some Dominican food on board as well Presidente. JAA JAA
Now on one single leg we can sell 400.00usd and round trip 800.00 just in food for sales.

with the MD-88 there's no oven on that aicraft...they just removed the last oven's in First class.

Blanket's still free in coach cabin....US scare (us Airways) and gettho blue (jet blue) charge for blanckets.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
hey latino, so no food for us , not even in 1st , in MD88? will we get cold sandwiches? damn.
AZB

edm7583

May 29, 2007
I'm assuming this is only a change for New York-DR flights? If you travel AA from Miami to the DR they haven't given away free food for years on those routes.

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
I'm assuming this is only a change for New York-DR flights? If you travel AA from Miami to the DR they haven't given away free food for years on those routes.

Yes, it's mainly for NY-DR flights, anything over 3 hour flights. Copa and LAN are going to benefit from this on most routes within Latin America, because they have meals in coach.

I guess AA is implementing these charges because Jetblue charges for food as well, but at least they have a decent entertainment menu on-board. I hope AA doesn't begin to charge any money to check-in a second luggage !

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i just got a AA flight bwi-pop for 389.00, 3/12-3/17. i can afford to bring my own food :laugh:

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Yes, it's mainly for NY-DR flights, anything over 3 hour flights. Copa and LAN are going to benefit from this on most routes within Latin America, because they have meals in coach.

I guess AA is implementing these charges because Jetblue charges for food as well, but at least they have a decent entertainment menu on-board. I hope AA doesn't begin to charge any money to check-in a second luggage !

Jetblue doesnt serve food on their JFK-POP route. Their snacks and soft drinks are complimentary and many times they go up and down the aisle more than once.Not sure of the cost of their alcoholic beverages but they are likely on par with other carriers.

edm7583

May 29, 2007
i just got a AA flight bwi-pop for 389.00, 3/12-3/17. i can afford to bring my own food :laugh:

How true. Too few people realize that, adjusted for inflation, travel by air is cheaper than it ever has been. Yet they expect grandiose services while paying bottom dollar. Imagine if we went back to the days before deregulation! Tickets would be like 2 grand...

My first flight in 1980 (I was just a boy) from New York to Florida (on Eastern!). I remember the price was $295 round trip. This would be the equivalent of paying $733 today! Yet a couple of weeks ago, I took almost the same route to visit the folks on Jet Blue for $196! Yes in those good old days there was a full hot meal, 2 free bags of 70lbs. each, but come on, let's put things into perspective. You are paying for nothing more than public transport, so you should treat it as such.

acmike

Jan 11, 2005
Food cost

I just flew AA from Sd to Boston via Puerto Rico and the sandwiches were $6.00 and a big chocolate chip cookie was $3.00.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Sensible

"You are paying for nothing more than public transport, so you should treat it as such." FROM edm (above)

A good sensible answer, but, does anyone listen?