Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: News from Immigration Canada!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default News from Immigration Canada!

Hi Everyone,

just wanted to let you know my husband received an email today to schedule an apt for an interview

They have requested at the same time..additional documentation of proof or relationship. I am gathering everything now to send to him.

Hope everything goes well from here

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default date

Thats great!!
    What was the date of the letter, and when is your interview scheduled for.
    Im hoping that my husband will get something soon too, but the mail system in Santo Domingo seems impossible with the way the stretts are organized, where is your spouse Ellie.
    Selina.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

He received an email dated Friday the 6th

It indicated that they can make arrangements for the interview within the week if he goes to Port-Au-Prince for the interview or he can wait until their next day in Santo Domingo (they did not provide dates for this)

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow!!!
    That is great news......I hope we hear something soon too.

Question....did they just send him an email or did he get a phone call as well???
    I think that it's really weird how they are sending alot of emails instead of phone calls......

DD

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

That's very exciting!! Best of luck to your husband with the interview.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

may be you should consider joining him at the interview if possible, that would be the best proof of relationship you could provide.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

He has only received an email at this point. No phone call. I just read the email and they are requesting the original marriage certificate as well as more proof of the relationship. I was thinking of heading down for the interview. Once we know the date i just might do that

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I have never heard of anyone going to Port-Au-Prince for the interview...where does your husband live?

Congratulations!! Things are moving along for oyu!! You'll soon have your hubby with you!! Best of luck!

Get EVERYTHING you can together for this!! Be 100% prepared!!

Post Thanks / Like

I guess they are giving him a choice but I've never heard of anyone going to Port-Au-Prince for the interview either. Best to wait for the date in SD.

Read this thread to brush up on what they might ask at the interview.

Good luck

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the going to Port-Au-Prince...even my husband said he does not want to travel there. He lives in Santo Domingo

This is the email received

The next step in the processing of your application is a one-on-one interview with a visa officer. The purpose of the interview is to establish whether your application meets the requirements of the Immigration Act and Regulation.
    You have the choice of having the interview done at our office in Port-au-Prince, or to wait until our next area trip in Santo Domingo. At this time, we cannot give you a specific date when that area trip will take place.
    If you prefer to come for the interview in Port-au-Prince, please inform us by mail or email at: port-au-prince-im-renseignements@international.gc.ca, and we will schedule an appointment for you as soon as possible.
    If you do not contact us, we will assume that you would rather attend the interview in Santo Domingo.
    In corresponding with our office, please ensure you indicate your file number: XXXXXX......
    Regards,
    Immigration Section
    Canadian Embassy in Hati
    Some Documents are requested for :
    - Original of marriage certificate and extract ( acta de matrimonio y extracto de acta)
    - More proofs of relationship in particular of communication, photos together, phone bills, emails, cards, letters,
    receipts of money sent. -
    Please acknowledge receipt

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast