From Santiago to Punta Cana

Jayshiznit

Apr 5, 2007
Hi all -

Question, is there an agency that can assist with this..Most agencies here in the US dont have access to flights withing DR. We're taking a trip to DR this coming summer and would like to spend a week in Baitoa Santiago and a week in Punta Cana but are puzzled as to how to commute..by car - no way.

donmobay

Say what ! ???
Dec 10, 2005
im not sure

about flights but if you look at it a different way , or what i would do and will do soon is break the drive up. samana is delightful at night. the drive is very scenic and if you stop and do a tourist thing you will enjoy yourself. you could probably hire a car and driver with an extra $$ for his hotel for less than airfares that probably are not there.. others will respond.. remember you are on vacation and dont have to be flying around...

Nov 25, 2008
if your on vacation and you know where you want to go, as you do [Baitoa & punta cana] dont chance having your vacation ruien, fly from Puerto Plata to Punta Cana

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Sorry but the advice you have received is well meaning but pretty useless.

1) If you want to hire a car and driver to take you out there, it is not all that expensive.
You can PM "Bachata" on this very site and ask him who he recommends for the job, He won't mess with you.
2) If you want to fly, by all means, fly. BUT from Santiago's International Airport. Charter flights are available. See Mr. Brown...

3) Want to see some of the country?? Take one of the scenic buses from Santiago to Santo Domingo. Spend the day and that night in Santo Domingo seeing the sights. Get up early and take another nice bus to Punta Cana. As long as you are not schlepping around half a dozen bags, this should be easy. See the country and leave the driving to them..

There might be a few other ways to do it but these seem the most practical to me...

Good luck...

HB

Oh, I almost forgot: Be sure to get your tickets to Santiago but leaving from Punta Cana!!!No way you want to lose a whole day rushing back to Santiago...Spirit flies to both places....

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Rent a car, drive to santo domingo first. So what if you get lost, you will get back on the road in no time. Print a good map from internet of santo domingo and the rest of DR. from santo domingo, go to santiago. Once you are here, we can help yopu get to baitoa. Iimagine you know people in baitoa so I can also imagine, someone will wait for you in santiago, in order to guide you there.
AZB

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
For the OP. I'm not sure what you mean when you say "by car-no way". If that simply means you are not comfortable with the idea of driving yourself, you probably shouldn't. It is not as bad as some make it to be, but I wouldn't recommend driving in the DR if you are not at minimum confident in your ability to do it. There are public transportation options, and as has been suggested, you can hire a car and driver.

It wouldn't hurt to check I guess, but I can imagine that a charter flight from Santiago to Punta Cana would be fairley pricey, and there are no scheduled flights. How many of you are traveling?

NYC Dominican

Sep 24, 2009
Hey Hillbilly,

You seem super knowledgeable about DR. I'm looking to fly from Santiago to Punta Cana next tuesday...who is this Mr. Brown you speak of and how can I get in touch with him?

Thanks!

Tequilakid046

Aug 29, 2007
Hi All
I'm flying to Santiago to visit my family then want to fly to Punta Cana for a much overdo and needed vacation> I did the bus think last time with my mom it was nice but I don't have that much time to spend and I won't be traveling with her who knows and lives in the D.R.
Who is this Mr, Brown guy and how can I get a hold of him regarding info on flights?

Thank you

Tequilakid046

Aug 29, 2007
Charter Flight From Santiago Sti to Punta Cana

HI all!
I'm hoping to fly into Santiago to visit family and the want to go to Punta Cana for a very much needed vacation. Last time I went with my mom and did the bus thing which was nice because I got to see the beautiful country side and I had time but this time I will be going with my boyfriend who has never been and I get lost all the time so the bus thing is out, also we have very limited time.
Does any one know who this Mr. Brown is and how I can get in touch with him? I'm assuming he knows how to book a charter flight from Santiago to Punta Cana?
Any info would help please
Thank You

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Go to the general aviation area of STI and ask for charter flights. It is at the end of the parking lot.

HB