BREAKING NEWS: Tomorrow Inaugural Flight to Barahona

Feb 15, 2005
This just in today:

Tomorrow there will be the first inaugural flight to Barahona's Maria Montez International Airport in decades.

This flight is originating from San Juan and arriving in Barahona at approximately 9:30am. The organizers are planning for 3x a week flights to Maria Montez.

With the high price of airport taxes in Las Americas I can see where a jumper flight from San Juan to Barahona will be attractive when taking into account travel time by road.

This my friends is what all the southwest Barahona has been waiting for for many years.

incredible that it didn't get the public relations it deserved.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arrica

Jun 3, 2006
Still a low key affair it seems

incredible that it didn't get the public relations it deserved.

Ricardo,
Seems to be still the case, considering the thundering and enthusiastic response that DR1 readers has given to your thread. :squareeye

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
San Juan de la Maguana? R?o San Juan?

I bet I am the only person here to have landed and taken off from the white elephant that is Barahona airport. In 1998 when it was new they made the flight from Port-au-Prince to Herrera make a stopover there apparently for staff training purposes. We had to take our luggage into the terminal and get it searched at least twice. The passengers were seething.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i've checked BRX and SJU and see no scheduled flights. this is a trial period ? this could be a big step for the southwest...

Feb 15, 2005
Ricardo,
Seems to be still the case, considering the thundering and enthusiastic response the DR1 readers has given to your thread. :squareeye

Unbelievable..I know. I called the Dominica Republic Department of Tourism in New York that day after the inauguration and they had no idea about it. Hence their lack of presence during this important event.

This is the new items albeit in Spanish:
Empresarios Puertorrique?os arriban Aeropuerto Internacional Maria Montes : Cuatriboliao.Net
Buscan establecer vuelos en Barahona

The flights are to be conducted by: MN Aviation de Puerto Rico, Melvin Rivera y Carmelo Ortiz, presidente y vicepresidente de la l?nea a?rea King Air.

These are smaller private flight operators which is perfect for the smaller Maria Montez Airport.

Arrica

Jun 3, 2006
cost of flight

Unbelievable..I know. I called the Dominica Republic Department of Tourism in New York that day after the inauguration and they had no idea about it. Hence their lack of presence during this important event.

This is the new items albeit in Spanish:
Empresarios Puertorrique?os arriban Aeropuerto Internacional Maria Montes : Cuatriboliao.Net
Buscan establecer vuelos en Barahona

The flights are to be conducted by: MN Aviation de Puerto Rico, Melvin Rivera y Carmelo Ortiz, presidente y vicepresidente de la l?nea a?rea King Air.

These are smaller private flight operators which is perfect for the smaller Maria Montez Airport.

Any idea about the cost T/R?

Feb 15, 2005
As a followup, the flights are scheduled to begin Semana Santa ( Holy Week), however, I am still waiting for the pricing.

I'll post it ASAP.