Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for hotel for 1 night stay near Dreams Resort in Punta Cana

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for hotel for 1 night stay near Dreams Resort in Punta Cana

I have friends staying there for a week. Would love to find a not so pricey hotel so I can crash for one night there. I live in Santo Domingo, and will be taking a bus up there I guess. From what I can read it seems there is NOTHING nearby?? Does that literally mean nothing or just nothing to do for tourists. I want to be able to spend the afternoon and part of the evening with them, then find a hotel close by and sleep, before leaving the next morning. Any help will be appreciated.

Rest in peace Amigo!
    Post Thanks / Like

You were right the first time - "there is NOTHING nearby".

Sorry.

The closest non-AI is about a 20 - 30 minute taxi ride away.

Gregg

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a small hotel that my friends from out of town stay at when I'm in Bavaro. I don't remember the name but I will text message my Dominican friend and ask him to send me the name or number.

Maryanne

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Try Hotel Cayacoa.
    Their phone number is 809-552-0624

Left for a smoke.....
    Post Thanks / Like

There are 2 Dreams properties in the PC area. One is in Cabezza de Toro, the other across from Secrets farther up past Bavaro and Cortecieto. Either way, Cortecieto Inn is $50 with a nice pool, clean basic rooms w/ac right next to the Beach. Small Dominican town, used to be low-keyed but now getting a little touristy. Also some nice spots to eat, shop or wet you whistle. About a 10-15 min. cab ride.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

like Joe said, there are 2 dreams properties in punta cana.
    one is named dreams punta cana, that's the north of PC located one, secluded area.
    the other one is named dreams palm beach(formerly Allegro resort) and located in Cabeza de Toro, here you have no prob to get a room for the night right aside, you may even consider to just book a room for 1 night at the resort with your friends, considering cabby fares to go around, meeting for some non AI drinks off the resort/dinner aso may be more comfo to just stay a night with them and all costs are hassle free covered.
    Mike

Left for a smoke.....
    Post Thanks / Like

Dreams bought out the old Sunscape properties other than the one in LR. Allegro is still next door. Sunscape Punta Cana Grande now Palms, and Sunscape the Beach now Dreams Punta Cana. Basicly Cortecieto is roughly in the middle, and only 15 minutes or so away. This town would also make for a good meeting spot, as well as a good day trip outing.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

hi Joe,
    dreams did not buy any sunscape property, they are the same company, selling their properties under different names with different service levels.
    from my knowledge sunscape is the basic and when they uograde thei8r rooms/services/property aso they name it dreams.
    the allegro is not anymore, the dreams palm beach is exactly what been former the allegro resort, that company bought/rented? the property.
    what been former named the sunscape punta cana is now named oasis grand punta cana, with their newest section oasis grand bavaro right aside.
    what been sunscape the beach in uvero alto is what is now named(since a year and still many rooms not "Transitioned", lol) dreams punta cana.
    Mike

Left for a smoke.....
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike, close but no cigar. Dreams and Sunscape are not the same properties owned by the same people. Just talked to Carin deVires a good friend in charge of room asignments at the old Sunscape in Cabezza de Toro. They have expanded their property on some vacant land which borders Allegro. Allegro is still where it was, and under the same name. Playa Hotels and Resorts is a Spanish company that goes by Dreams. They have aquired, bought the Sunscape chain of hotels that was owned and run by AM Resorts, totally different company. AM Resorts will continue to run the Dreams properties at this point.
    http://www.playahr.com/news/press18_eng.pdf

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Cigarjoe...hate to inform you, but Playa Resorts bought into the Amresorts branding. a few years back..they did not purchase it outright. Sunscape, Dreams and Secrets are all part of the AmResorts marketing group. Playa is also involved in the Barcelo group.

The decision to rebrand Sunscape in the Dominican, was a decision made prior to any internal involvement by Playa Resorts.

Alegro has not existed for sometime now. Mikefisher lives within a 1/4 mile of the resorts and if anyone should know what is there...and what is not...it would be him.

As for visiting your friends in Uvero Alto, you might want to coonsider a night's stay next door at Colony Bay. They have some attractive "locals" rates and the resort is within walking distance.

Cheers

PuntaCana Mike

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast