Unicane furniture in Bavaro

threadguy

Feb 6, 2009
I have been quoted some prices from Unicane Bavaro that seem quite expensive. Can someone tell me if furniture is negotiable like other items in Punta Cana? If so, how much should I expect them to come down?
Thanks in advance for any answers.

Nov 25, 2008
if you are planning to purchase all the furniture for your apt. or home I would recommend going to Santo Dominigo or Santiago, you will save at least half in Santiago and 20-30% in Santo Dominigo.
Its worth the trip

Bugstyvy

Mar 16, 2008
ironcladpartnership.com
tell them Steve and Tab from Toronto sent ya and he will set you up...

owner is Ricardo

threadguy

Feb 6, 2009
Thank you for the replies. But I still need to find out if the prices on furniture are negotiable as everything else, and what kind of discount should I be able to receive.

Thanks,
Greg

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
If you offer cash there is usually scope for a discount. It's worth a try, anyway.

paradise07

Jan 6, 2007
Curtain rods....

Does anyone know where I can get either metal curtain rods or wood ones here in Bavaro or Veron ???

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I bought metal curtain rods at Ferreteria el Detallista in Ver?n - good price but a bit flimsy. They have wooden ones at Ferreteria Americana at Friusa but I thought they were overpriced.

Another place where they might have them is MiCasa, Plaza Cueva Ta?na at the Coco Loco crossing, just after turning towards Friusa.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Interior Designer- Furniture Rep

I just had a lovely chat with Soledad Carballo - who is a designer here in Santo Domingo (and a friend of Dolores and yes, she will buy an ad here and yes, perhaps, someone owes me an ice cream) --

She is the local rep for Baker furniture which is very high end - exceedingly well designed -- and has a warehouse here - and can also order and import for you. She also does work furnishing villas - etc.... so this might be one way to go for those of you who have some money to spend on good quality furniture.

She is fluent in English and said that she has often just furnished villas not using the Baker but with more local stuff. Anyway - her contact info is at the bottom.

She also mentioned that she has customers who have ordered pieces awaiting shipping - and so perhaps this might be another tie in - for people who are bringing in containers and have space to sell/share... etc (being a backpack/guitar traveler - I know little of this)

This might be a good solution for those of you on the Coast who are not able or willing to brave the mean streets of SD.

Ya estamos en CIRCA ANTIQUES, en la calle Federico Gerardino #17, entre la Paseo de los Locutores y R. Pastoriza, en Piantini. Con el telefono 809 472-0101.

Ver?s los muebles modernos y casuales de BAKER combinados con las hermosas piezas de CIRCA Antiques.

Carol Giblin

Jun 4, 2008
there
Unicane will work with you on prices if you get a package. Are you in Bavaro now? We are. What pieces do you need? We have a a few things available from Unicane less than 1 yr old. Plus new fridge.

Cogiosalvaje

Apr 16, 2009
In Veron are a new companie called Comfurpak i understand they offer nice furniture in fine prices, and also they offer complete furniture packages, and equipmet all you need for your home and also, there web page its, comfurpack.com the sales manager name its Rafael Rodriguez