Re: Samana prostitutes and crime

hedlykarok

Mar 3, 2005
www.latinamericanlady.com
Re: Samana prostitutes and crime

First, I apologize for starting yetanother on this subject, but feel it is important for those who desire rental companions. Moderators, please move to where you feel appropriate.

My Dominicana wife and I are here with a single male friend and thus far avoided the touristy places like Sosua and Cabarete because he's been there done that, but the whale watching is special.
So, we decide to spend a few days here and finally enjoy the sunshine which has been lacking and he feels a little lonely. Not speaking much spanish, my wife interprets for him and we meet what we thought was a nice lady. After an hour of pleasantries and 2 minutes of negotiations we gave them some privacy.
Standard precaution - we hid and/or locked away any real valuables, seeing as how they don't have the security non-AI hotels routinely provide in Sosua.
The next morning I realize my cell phone was missing from the toiletry case in the bathroom. Stupid, yes.....can't be unlocked and useless here, but still a ****er. Nothing even happened between them, so he said.
Now, the next night....he tries again with a slightly english-speaking one and it wasn't even 10 minutes she tries to steal some (costume) jewelry we absently-minded left laying out. He busted her with a ring in her hand.

Samana has definitely changed from my last visit 3 years ago.
They put on a great act. Seem nice............at first. Stick with the true pros and stay away from the ones who can't advertise.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
a sad story indeed but could this be isolated incidents ? maybe your friend needs to be more picky about the company he chooses. i've never been to Samana but i know dominican women (good and bad). over the years (4) i've learned to increase my spanish skills in order to really assess the dominican women i deal with.

i also think that sometimes it's better (and cheaper) to keep it in your pants :paranoid:

Mar 2, 2008
"Now, the next night...."

And what did he do the night after that, give it another try?

It seems to me you have no one to blame but yourselves.

If you brought a rabid fox home would you expect it not to bite you?

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
I expect all chicas I pick up anyplace to be hardcore thieves and prepare accordingly. Better safe than sorry. Even after being with someone several times sometimes their financial circumstances can change and by letting down your guard you get robbed.

Its probably safer to pick up a date for your friend as either a pro from someplace you can return to if you have a problem or finding one who you can track down to their job/home if their is a problem.

If your picking up a street rat at least know it for what it is and hide/lock up anything that can be stolen.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
If a young lady is prepared to have sex with a stranger for money then my guess is that stealing and even lying are not beyond her repertoire.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
How nice of your wife to interpret ? Did she help negotiate the price? Was she on the side of her sister or your friend? Ah, so MUCH to learn about the local customs.

female pimp in training? :)

prostitution/drugs/crime are synonymous with one another

sstevens805

Nov 24, 2008
Wow, you are complaining about being robbed by two prostitutes that your wife negotiated for your friend? Call me 'insensitive' but you guys deserved it. Maybe I'm a bit old fashioned, but whatever happened to earning that pleasure with personality, charm, and good looks?