volunteer work.

M

madeleine

I am considering having a long vacation in the DR late this year, and would like to know if there is any chance of doing some volunteer work in schools teaching English. I have a Cambridge Certificate for teaching English as a Foreign language, and an Hons. degree. I live at present in the UK. I am NOT considering moving to the DR permanently, but for perhaps about 6 weeks, in the north near Monti Christo. Is there any schools in this area which could do with some help? Also can anyone help with info about diving communities in Monti Christo, as my husband is a professional diver and would liket o kow what opportunities there may be for him over a 6 week period. Thanks for any info on these two subjects.

D

DR One

On this page on scuba diving, there is a paragraph on scuba diving in Monte Cristi. Probably the people there could assist you in finding info on where you could volunteer to teach English.

A

Anne-Marie

Madeleine, if you are serious about volunteering, check out this website on Orphanage Outreach, an USA-based organisation that supports at the moment three orphanages in the DR. Monte Cristi has one, just like Nagua and Esperanza. If you need more info, email me. Anne-Marie

A

Anne-Marie

I forgot to put in the URL http://www.orphanage-outreach.org