fresh fruit and veg....

donmobay

Say what ! ???
Dec 10, 2005
i do believe you can eat better here. good oranges, lemons ,pine etc. veg also. lettuce is not great but ok cucs and beautiful peppers of all colors, and the best is good fresh tomatoes... i try to buy them myself. and i do not put them in fridge, use a whole one onions are great potatoes. corn you get on pizza, the veg pizza here is delic. beans are good for you kids and husband... wife etc... a complete protein... ive never had a better egg sandwich than here... mangoes off the tree, fish that were just caught. and i mean a guy fishing behind the rest. very good coffee. egg plant is good here also but not on my plate please... the meat i stay away from. but you can get a good steak in the supermkt for half the price of tri state area... t bone etc. oranges-- we stop at a guys house and he is not home but we eat oranges till we cant think of another. one better than the other 100 s of trees different kinds. flowers are much cheaper here...

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
i do believe you can eat better here. good oranges, lemons ,pine etc. veg also. lettuce is not great but ok cucs and beautiful peppers of all colors, and the best is good fresh tomatoes... i try to buy them myself. and i do not put them in fridge, use a whole one onions are great potatoes. corn you get on pizza, the veg pizza here is delic. beans are good for you kids and husband... wife etc... a complete protein... ive never had a better egg sandwich than here... mangoes off the tree, fish that were just caught. and i mean a guy fishing behind the rest. very good coffee. egg plant is good here also but not on my plate please... the meat i stay away from. but you can get a good steak in the supermkt for half the price of tri state area... t bone etc. oranges-- we stop at a guys house and he is not home but we eat oranges till we cant think of another. one better than the other 100 s of trees different kinds. flowers are much cheaper here...

most of this is correct, but please tell me where you buy good steak cheap! :)

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006

I have read a number of your posts now and, without being rude in any way, would you please speak in a language we can all understand, preferably English or Spanish.

Reactions: drloca

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
most of this is correct, but please tell me where you buy good steak cheap

National super mercado has great steaks,..do not know what you mean by cheap...but a terrific rib eye is about 350 to 400 pesos a pound.
In SD,chef pepper is 395 for a 12 to 14 oz ribeye,delivered to house.Sirloin,NY strip is 336 for 14 oz
bob

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
most of the oranges here are not good either - tangerines are good though

Definitely a matter of opinion I would say. I happen to think that oranges in The DR are a lot better than here in The US.

Whirleybird: I was wondering the same thing...Domobay where are u from? Inquiring minds want to know.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
most of this is correct, but please tell me where you buy good steak cheap

National super mercado has great steaks,..do not know what you mean by cheap...but a terrific rib eye is about 350 to 400 pesos a pound.
In SD,chef pepper is 395 for a 12 to 14 oz ribeye,delivered to house.Sirloin,NY strip is 336 for 14 oz
bob

So its over $10 a pound to buy a good steak. El Rancho has a decent steak, but don?t order the Buffalo chicken wings.... tiny little things swimming in cheap barbeque sauce.

I guess its best to learn to like beans.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
You forgot the AVOCADOS!! I have never in my life tasted such wonderful avocados! There is a lady who sells them outside the supermercado - of course she charges twice to three times as much but she will pick the one that is ripe for you tonight, tomorrow and the day after. I have become such a good customer that when she sees me at 6PM, she just hands me the rest of bag and takes 50 pesos for car fare. My freezer if full of guacamole. FULL of vitamin B6