If I want to Marry in DR

MattyAna

Feb 16, 2009
How long would an American have to be in the Dominican Republic, in order to marry A Dominican there? Are there any special laws I would have to know about. Thank ,Mateo

santiago2008

Apr 24, 2008
Matty, you can marry whenever you want.........

you will need...

1-Copy of your birth certification
2-Copy of first page of your passport
3-Single Declaration(which can be made here in the DR)
4- 5,000 pesos if you go to the courthouse for the ceremony
8,000 pesos if you want the official to go to your place.

thats all what you will need.....and of course you have to go to the court house to separate the date and bring the documents above with you..

good luck

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Signed by Mateo

I might be wrong but Mateo is a guys name. Does that change the responses? The guy is asking about info on documents he needs to get married, he never asked about opinions on his relationship. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: drloca

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Sending to legal. I deleted posts by posters who know nothing about the OP's circumstances and made the usual assumptions.

The following documents are required to get married in the Dominican Republic. Note that legal transcripts of birth certificates, single status affidavits and divorce certificates need to be prepared in the country where the documents were issued.

Original birth certificates. Send two photocopies.
Valid and signed passports. Send two photocopies of the main page.
Notarized Statutory Declarations of Single Status done according to the sample. Bring or send one original and one photocopy. Please see attached sample of a Statutory Declaration of Single Status.
Divorce certificate or death certificate (if applicable). Send original or notarized photocopy and two simple photocopies. In both cases, a minimum waiting period of ten months applies before a woman can remarry.

The 3rd and 4th documents are translated and legalized by the Dominican Republic Consulate. The birth certificates have to be translated into Spanish as well.

santiago2008

Apr 24, 2008
The following documents are required to get married in the Dominican Republic. Note that legal transcripts of birth certificates, single status affidavits and divorce certificates need to be prepared in the country where the documents were issued.

My husband is french canadian and his birth certification was in french,,,..it didnt need any translation)they just need it to be sure of the parents names and spell) the offical told me

Original birth certificates. Send two photocopies.
Valid and signed passports. Send two photocopies of the main page.
Notarized Statutory Declarations of Single Status done according to the sample. Bring or send one original and one photocopy. Please see attached sample of a Statutory Declaration of Single Status.

I did it here for my husband and i got it done in spanish.

if it is in Santiago you going to get marry, let me know and i will give you the official name and courthouse address and the notarized lawyer to do your single declaration.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Aw Chiri!! Just trying to wake her up! Besides, I was in a bad mood...:^(

She should know, for example, that if there are children from the marriage, she will have to get HIS approval for her to travel with the kid...

She should know that while a ton of documents are required of her, none are really required of HIM.

Cordially,

HB