Bubba Burgers in Sosua ?

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
A friend from Santiago brought me a few boxes of Bubba Burgers which are U.S.D.A Certified Black Angus Chuck.

They sell them at the Pollo in santiago

They come in a box of 6 and are 1/3 pound each for a total of 2lbs for $RD379

You throw them on the grill frozen and WOW what a treat !.

I am taking the box to the manager of the local Playero and see if we can't get them here in Sosua.

If anyone is interested they should also ask the manager to stock these as I don't mind paying $1.76 for a REAL BURGER.

Last edited:

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
me no like playero burgers with the hole in the middle - should I wonder why there is a hole in them - or is it best not to?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I have some Bubba burgers in my freezer. They are about the best pre-made burgers I have found here.

I attached an image of the box.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
what the fat content he asks?lol,,,alot,that what makes them so good,,see if you can get the ones made with Vidalia onions,now those are some tasty burgers...
Pola in SD,on Lope de Vega, has all the different flavors...just the best frozen burger around...like them better than Chef Pepper....and because of the grease.....

boca chica dave

Sep 25, 2004
it is good to check the labels. Many of the beef patties contain beef hearts and other things people may not like for health reasons etc. I believe Bubbas are one of the best frozen patties on the market.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Bubba Burgers should be in Playero on Monday

What's the fat content of Bubba Burgers?

54% fat before cooking

calories 430
calories from fat 320

This is on the back of the Bubba burger box

What I do is when i grill a steak or something at night I throw a couple Bubbas on the grill cook and then refridgerate and when i microwave them for lunch it gets rid of most of the excess fat and they are soooooo good !

Last edited:
Reactions: FernieBee

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I forgot to mention that when bubba gives the nutrional info the calories from fat is when they are UNCOOKED.

The fat cooks out and creates the fire and smoke which = FLAVOR

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Very Nice!

38Grams of fat/burger

Calories in Bubba Burger Hamburger - Nutrition Facts, and Healthy Alternatives - The Daily Plate Calorie Counter

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 burger 150g <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2><HR color=black SIZE=7></TD></TR><TR><TD class=facts_main colSpan=2>Amount per Serving</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2><HR color=black SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD width="100%" colSpan=2><TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>Calories 605</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 9px" align=right>Calories from Fat 343</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2><HR color=black SIZE=6></TD></TR><TR><TD align=right colSpan=2>% Daily Value *</TD></TR><TR><TD>Total Fat 38.09g</TD><TD class=facts_main align=right>59%</TD></TR><TR><TD> Saturated Fat 21g</TD><TD class=facts_main align=right>105%</TD></TR><TR><TD> Monounsaturated Fat 0g</TD></TR><TR><TD> Polyunsaturated Fat 0g</TD></TR><TR><TD> Trans Fat 2g</TD></TR><TR><TD>Cholesterol 100mg</TD><TD class=facts_main align=right>33%</TD></TR><TR><TD>Sodium 332.01mg</TD><TD class=facts_main align=right>14%</TD></TR><TR><TD class=facts_main>Potassium 0mg</TD><TD class=facts_main align=right>0%</TD></TR><TR><TD>Total Carbohydrate 27.35g</TD><TD class=facts_main align=right>9%</TD></TR><TR><TD> Dietary Fiber 0g</TD><TD class=facts_main align=right>0%</TD></TR><TR><TD> Sugars 0g</TD></TR><TR><TD>Protein 34.98g</TD><TD class=facts_main align=right>70%</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>