Please explain

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
So here I am bored and decided to read almost EVERY thread in several forums and I am terribly confused with you guys...
Is something wrong with Canada or what is going on with this VISA stuff?
I had a friend with a Dominican boyfriend and she went to a lawyer and her boyfriend was in the states in 8 months............
And I never heard her talking about sending in all of this stuff you guys are talking about.
It's enough to give someone a headache....am I missing something?
I'm just nosey is all...Timelines, and primary school records, and pics of people from 2001.........what the #@*!
Please explain why it is so easy for some and not for others....is it your country that is carrying on like this or are you filing in the DR?
I have to ask my friend what she did but I am sure I remember her saying she went to a lawyer and then Voila...he was over there in no time. When I met him, I remember remarking on how quick it was....
Maybe you guys need to get a lawyer.
SHALENA

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Wait time for the USA used to be 2+ years then something happened and they added more people not sure, to handle all the applications.

8/9 months seemed like a walk in the park in comparison. The US has moved on but we are still at 9 months and sometimes up to 18.

You'll have to ask our government why it takes so long. I'm sure people would like to know the reason it takes so long as well. ;)

It has nothing to do with the DR. Every country has it's laws and rules for immigration. Hiring an immigration lawyer gets you no preference. The only time you need one is if someone can't fill out an application properly otherwise it's no faster.

Read about it here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/representative/index.asp

Last edited:

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
That's sad....
just reading through some of those posts made we want to take a Tylenol, I can imagine.
SHALENA