Received email from Immigration Canada

SJSantos

Oct 9, 2006
Hi everyone..

I received an email from immigration this morning as the representative for both my husband (the sponsor) and his daughter (the applicant). (thats a first!)

They are asking for the originals of
- original birth certificate
- original extract of birth certificate
- original baptismal certificate
- original notarized authorization from mother (we have only a copy)
- passport

So it looks like we will have Jose's daughter with us soon...just in time for senior kindergarten!

I'm so very happy I am hearing along with everyone else who applied at the same time!!!!
Sandy

SJSantos

Oct 9, 2006
Thanks everyone...

For those applying for your spouses children in the future can I provide a tip for you. The immigration package does not ask for a signed declaration from the parent in the DR to have the child move permanently to Canada. We went a head and did one anyways. We had the ex sign the paper giving Jose permission to take his daughter to Canada and that there was no custody order. We had it notarized in the DR. We then had it translated and legalized here in Canada. We sent this with the application.

In the email from immigration they did ask for the original of this legal authorization from mother. I am so happy we got this authorization because I am postive we would be going through the motions to get it today had we not gotten it before.

Salud!
Sandy