Can the application fee be paid online or not?

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
On Haiti's site it says:

Methods of payment:

international money order

certified check

bank draft.

On other places it says if i understand correctly the online option is available to applications filed inside Canada only.

Please help. I am applying from DR.

Also, how much do i need to pay?
i think Sponsorship application (per application) $75 + Principal applicant $475, which comes to $550? What is "Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)" which is $490, and do we need to pay that too, and if so, when?

Thanks.

Johana

May 24, 2006
Liam,

Do you mean that you are applying as a Canadian permanently living outside of Canada? Or are you just staying there right now when you want to send your application and you will in fact be sending it to Mississauga?

If you are sending to Mississauga then you can pay online. If you are applying as living outside of Canada then you cannot pay online.

The Right of Permanent Residence does need to be paid and this will be for your spouses PR card. It does not have to be paid upfront however, the application forms indicate it will add a delay in your processing if you wait for them to contact you. Meaning you do not pay the fee before they contact your spouse to let you know that they are ready to issue the visa.

Hope that helps :)
Jo-Anne

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
I am living exclusively OUTSIDE Canada, but from what i understand the application needs to be sent to Mississauga anyway? Please help, the application is done and this is the last step before i send it in. I remember reading somewhere that the on-line option is for applications filed inside Canada only, so i am confused. Also, does it make any difference, i will be going to Canada in a week or two, if i pay on-line and mail the application from Canada?

Johana

May 24, 2006
Liam,

I think I need to retract my previous message.

Even though you are living exclusively outside of Canada you will still need to send your application to CPC Mississauga which means you can pay the fee online.

If you go to the page on paying through the internet I don't believe you have to physically be in Canada to pay online. But it is in regards to where you will send the appliation. If you check that you are sending to Mississauga it will let you proceed.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/epayweb/Order.do?lob=imm&init=true

You have to pay the fee before you mail the application so that you can send the receipt with the application. You will get a confirmation when you pay online to send in.
So yes you can pay the fee online and then mail the application when you are in Canada.

Yes you will send the complete package to CPC Mississauga and once you are approved as the sponsor they will send the package on to Haiti.

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
Thank you very very much. I will try to call Mississauga office to get more info on this, if i don't reach anybody i will pay on-line and hopefully that will do. Thanks again.