how long-punta cana to cabrete

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugby.1

Feb 11, 2009
folks- a little help. next week i may be in cabrete and friends will be in punta cana. how long would it take me to them??? or what would be a place in the middle to meet>>> maybe we could meet in the middle and snorkel/dive-just wondering how long of a bus trip i'd be looking at to get to them-thanks

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
The bus trip would be an all day affair; two, approx. 4 hour bus trips, plus whatever time it would take to connect between the two bus companies.

Gregg

rugby.1

Feb 11, 2009
rugby.1

that doesn't sound good!!! oh well, it was a nice thought.-maybe i'll staya closer to them one of my nights, so it's easier to hook up. i'll be there longer than them, and will be more flexable. i'm hopping around, staying away from the all inclusives. maybe i can find a place close-thanks for the info-rugby.1

Jackspratt

Nov 28, 2006
I'm thinking of driving from Sosua to Punta Cana, would someone know the best route, preferably also the most scenic, that is can I stay on the coast.

So the questions is how long to drive straight down? And if there is a road to stay on coast where would be nice spot on the beach do do an overnight.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
The best route is Sosua east to Nagua....along the north coast highway, then south on the new highway, then east from santo domingo to punta cana on the south coast highway, going through higuey. Without stops should take you about 5-6 hours. The drive from Sosua to Nagua and Nagua to SD are quite scenic and from SD to PC there are plenty of places to stop and/or stay...several beach towns along the route...boca chica, juan dolio, bayahibe, etc...

cigarjoe

Left for a smoke.....
Feb 11, 2009
Fly!

A better, and faster, and maybe even a cheaper option considering that driving can be a bit hairy in the DR...and expensive if you damage the car, would be to fly. POP to PC via "takeoff" 45 minutes or so..

Status
Not open for further replies.