How does one go about hiring a Taxi?

mkj

Feb 22, 2009
Im looking to go from Santiago to Isabela (about an hour away). Apparently there are 2 places called Isabela but the one Im talking about is close to Santiago and is more rural/country.

A kind person suggested I "hire a taxi". Does that mean once I get to the Santiago bus stop (using Caribe Tours) that I just find a local Taxi service?

Are they safe for women?

You all are SO nice! Thanks for the help ;)

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Im looking to go from Santiago to Isabela (about an hour away). Apparently there are 2 places called Isabela but the one Im talking about is close to Santiago and is more rural/country.

A kind person suggested I "hire a taxi". Does that mean once I get to the Santiago bus stop (using Caribe Tours) that I just find a local Taxi service?

Are they safe for women?

You all are SO nice! Thanks for the help ;)

You should be fine, but make sure they have a sign on the roof of the car that looks like it would read "taxi' if you do not read Spanish.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
What you could do is use this site to send "bachata" a PM (Private Message) and ask him for the name of his friend that provides this service, You can ask him the price more or less, since he was a favorite of DR1ers a while back, before he moved to North Carolina...He knows the taxi trade and who the good drivers are...

Good luck,

HB