Temporary to Permenant residency????

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
I would like to hear from anyone who has recently paid to go from a temporary status to a permenant residency. I have been quoted a ridiculous price from a lawyer to do all the leg work for me. A friend informed me she only paid a few thousand pesos but that was a few years ago.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks ;)

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I would like to hear from anyone who has recently paid to go from a temporary status to a permenant residency. I have been quoted a ridiculous price from a lawyer to do all the leg work for me. A friend informed me she only paid a few thousand pesos but that was a few years ago.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks ;)

Unless things have changed, you need to go through the same procedure as the first time plus a couple of other steps. A few thousand pesos?? Depends on how many she calls a few. For the attorney, more or less the same work as the first time.

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
I recently received my temporary residency. My lawyer charged me $850 US which included two trips to S.D. from Santiago and gave me all the advice I needed. She took care of the entire process for me.

I believe the fees required for you to pay to the D.R. government and to the testing labs if you were to do it yourself are somewhere around $200 to $300 depending if you do the VIP route or not. I didn't know where to go the first time so I paid the money to the lawyer and I'm glad I did.

In October, I will apply for my permanent residency and report back on that procedure.

Good luck

Rick

socuban

Nov 24, 2002
I believe the gov fees have gone up considerably. The medical component, if I remember correctly, is about RD$3400.

I paid around RD$20K for the process with lawyer.

I think there is a link to the fees, will see if I can find it.

travel1000

Jan 31, 2007
It looks like people in this board

do not like public their lawyer's name and how much the lawyer charge. if you ask for looking for lawyer, all direct you to the same lawyer and do not disclose the fee which this lawyer charge.

ybonabeach

Jan 16, 2008
check with the guzman firm. I am in the process of temp. residency and they gave me a very good price.

senorblanco

Jun 11, 2006
I got my permanent residency last week.
I paid about 1000 dollars for the temporary and then about another 1000 dollars for the permanent.
I know I could have paid less but I chose the "VIP" type of service.
I was done in about 2 hours and that means everything !
I was brought to the front of every line, in and out of the immigration office, blood test, urine, off the hospital for X-ray and on the road in a flash !
There is no price consideration when you live on the north coast like I do. It means renting a car, getting hotel rooms etc...
So having to only go to the Capitol one time and getting it all done right the first time and in a matter of about 2 hours is priceless.
If anyone cares to know the law firm PM me, simply look at who does the legal section on DR1 or see the name in this thread.

Reactions: MikeFisher

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Dolly charged my wife and I $850.00 USD and held our hand through the entire process. Can't go wrong. PM for contact info for her.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
my own been too many years back to be accurate. i paid 9.000.- pesos for the temp and a year later again 9.000.- for the permanent one. in addition to that i paid the med fee and the VIP fee at immigrations(been just 500 pesos that time).
a buddy of mine did his permanent one with the same lawyer lady of mine last spring and paid 25.000.- pesos total incl. medic and VIP aso. a year before he paid 18.000.- for the temp one with the same lawyer. only prob on my lawyer is that her english is far not perfect.
i use her since countless years for all my business stuff, contracts, real estate purchases aso. we are a group of expats here using her services since then, always straight on and good rates.
but each of us is also very fluent in spanish, i know such makes a big difference for a person which is new on the island.
contact e-mail is: miledy.5@hotmail.com
her name is Miledy Dominguez.
have fun
Mike

travel1000

Jan 31, 2007
Mike, it is really good info for practice purpose

We need more name of the lawyer who charge reasonable rate like one you have.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
an other very good and for it's provided great services is Guzman Ariza.
to contact that very reputable lawfirm just scroll to the top of this page and click on the logo where their name is written.
they are a wellknown lawfirm, old in town, many bordmembers used them for different services, i did never hear any complaint about their job.
Mike

iluvdr

Aug 24, 2004
Guzman !

I am quite experienced with this topic. I was lucky to get an authentic permanent residence in less then a week for under $1000!
The same lawyer who got me mine took two of my friends for a ride and they ended up spending close to $1500 each. At the end, they got zip, zero, nothing! If they did not know me better they would have thought that I was part of the scam!
In conclusion, one of my buddies went to Guzman! Who ended up getting him an authentic and registered temporary residence at a reasonable price (don't remember exactly the quote!).
My advice to any one trying to get one of those, sure they are many lawyers out there that can assist you and even some scammers who are well connected. But go for the sure thing. I recently became a very strong Guzman fan! They are not perfect, but so far the best I have found. Also they take criticism quite well and always looking to improve there services. Good luck!

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I am quite experienced with this topic. I was lucky to get an authentic permanent residence in less then a week for under $1000!
The same lawyer who got me mine took two of my friends for a ride and they ended up spending close to $1500 each. At the end, they got zip, zero, nothing! If they did not know me better they would have thought that I was part of the scam!
In conclusion, one of my buddies went to Guzman! Who ended up getting him an authentic and registered temporary residence at a reasonable price (don't remember exactly the quote!).
My advice to any one trying to get one of those, sure they are many lawyers out there that can assist you and even some scammers who are well connected. But go for the sure thing. I recently became a very strong Guzman fan! They are not perfect, but so far the best I have found. Also they take criticism quite well and always looking to improve there services. Good luck!

i guess you had the temporal residence before that, right? than it would be the usual time line. if you did not have the temp one prior to that i would not count on finding such in the system.
good luck
Mike

Coralia

Mar 30, 2007
www.myspace.com
I have heard that you can renew Your cedular temp or perm here at the city hall in Sosua..i know a couple who renewed 2 days ago and their cedular was expired in 1999 and their where no costs involved....nada

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
the renewals of all kind of documents can now be done everywhere, specially at offices of Banco de Reservas, where all kind of taxes can be paid, new/renovated documents get handed over at the same office where the tax been paid. would be new to me that they print the renewed card right there, but there's every few weeks something new on that stuff lately.
of course there are costs involved, for any kind of renewal you have to pay the proper tax for the document, that includes the cedula. if their old cedula expired in 1999 i have to say it is hard for me to believe that they got it renewed and also for free!
Mike

Coralia

Mar 30, 2007
www.myspace.com
I agree with Mike..but they keep telling that it was FREE, i said how is that possible in the DR...lol.....and yes the print it out right away and take your picture as well...will go on Monday to find out my cedular temp is expired since dec 2007