Hotel Plantino

MBTS

Jan 28, 2009
I just made a reservaton at Hotel Plantino. I read it's near the monument and the Catholic University. Is this a safe area at night and what bus company is nearist the hotel?

Jan 9, 2004
Stayed at the Platino...

in January for several days. I do not believe it is near the monument, but I could be mistaken. It is however within walking distance to PUCMM (Catholic University). If possible avoid rooms 202, 204 as they front the parking lot and the noise may be bothersome to some.

For what its worth, the restaurant attached to the hotel is just marginal. A better option close to the hotel is the restaurant at the end on the left side of the small strip mall as you exit the hotel. It fronts on the main drag (Estrella Sadhela? sp). Note: this rec is for convenience purposes only, there are many other excellent restaurants throughout the city.

I am not aware of a bus company, but taxis are fairly inexpensive and plentiful. The area seems to be reasonably safe and I walked it a good bit.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

I just made a reservaton at Hotel Plantino. I read it's near the monument and the Catholic University. Is this a safe area at night and what bus company is nearist the hotel?

DaniJ

Jun 8, 2008
Hi, My family stayed there for 5 days when they came to visit me about a year ago. I would say it is a pretty safe area to walk around in..and yes very close to PUCMM (about a 5min walk.) The monument is a bit further away though. Caribe Tours and Metro are the closest bus services (I believe). You would have to take two conchos to get there (the M then the A) or take a taxi, which the hotel can easily arrange for you.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
You might be thinking of Hotel Matum. It is across the street from the Monument.