grand paradise

divizuti

Oct 30, 2006
So sorry, I haven't been on in a couple of years and I can't seem to search through easily.....does anyone have any insight into the Grand Paradise Bavaro? Thinking about booking...a little worried after the reviews.

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
My advice would be to go next door to Barcelo premium if you would like somewhere resonably priced. Its not the Palma reals of this world but it much nicer than grand paradise for a similar price.

Hope you have a nice vacation either way.

holita

Jun 6, 2006
Anyone have a trip report on the Grand Paradise? We were thinking about going as well...

bobby3

Mar 8, 2009
grand paradise bavaro

if you stay in the club area, it's far away from the beach but the rooms are newer and nicer but if you stay in the non club area the rooms are older but you are within walking distance to the beach. I guess it depends on what is important to you. I personally liked the resort and the food was alright but I loved the chicken at the snackbar at the beach. If you see a dog there that is black with brown eyebrows and brown on his face his name is bobby, give him some chicken for me please lol he's a good dog. Anyhow I just came back from there so if there's anything else you want to know ask away :cheeky:

divizuti

Oct 30, 2006
I am reading a lot of complaints about the front desk staff - did you have any issues? Were the a la carte restaurants okay? Thanks!

LAmestiza

Grand Paradise is a great hotel.
Be nice to the staff, don`t act like a snotty all-deserving person, and you`ll be fine. Speaking spanish helps, but they won`t ignore you if you can`t speak spanish. During my stay, I was the only one who could speak spanish, and the rest of my friends and fam still had great service!
I stayed in the rooms near the beach, which were fine. The food is delicious if you`ve been exposed to things other than the usual "steak and potatoes"
Hope you enjoy your stay!
and go to Mangu night club! :D

divizuti

Oct 30, 2006
It sounds like some of the bars and restaurants were closed this month due to low occupancy. Were you able to go the a la cartes? Did they have an evening show while you were there? Thanks for any info, we're headed there in a few weeks. I do speak Spanish and have been to the DR before and to Europe several times, so we know how to roll with what we get, I just wanted to be prepared.

LAmestiza

Hi!

yes some of the bars and restaurants were closed in the club section because it`s not a high-tourist season. But if you`re staying near the beach, or if you plan on hanging out around there all day, you don`t have to worry, everything there is open. Yes I went to the seafood and italian a la carte, and I think the asian one is also open. And yes again! :p there`s a show every night at 9:45 at the theatre, which is right next to the main lobby. I think the disco opens after that, at around 12 :) Hope i could help!