Rentals & Real Estate - Posting Rules

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
We have always had unwritten rules, but due to an increase in spam posts and or posters being spammed, we have decided to post the rules, so everyone is very aware of what's allowed and what's not.

========================

REAL ESTATE:

Not Allowed
1. Owners, brokers or developers posting real estate for sale or sending spam to our posters via PM's (Private Messages). If you want to sell your real estate on DR1, take a look at the link below.

DR1 Real Estate - How to list

2. Individual properties of any type. Single apartments, lots, individual villas etc. Basically, any type of private sale.

3. Send me a PM or Email, I know a friend that is selling "x" property.

Allowed

1. Third parties that have absolutely no financial interest in the development or project being sold. Post examples below.

I recently noticed a sign at the beach while on vacation for a new block of apartments called "Vista Mar" in Juan Dolio next door to Guavaberry Beach Club.

They are building new beach villas in Cap Cana, here are the photos, they look spectacular etc.

RENTALS:

Not Allowed
1. Owners, brokers or individuals posting rentals available or sending spam to our posters via PM's (Private Messages). If you want to list your rental on DR1, take a look at the link below.

DR1 Rentals - How to list

2. Send me a PM or Email, I know a friend renting "x" property.

Allowed
1. Current advertisers.

2. Third party postings from people that have actually stayed at the property.

3. Third parties that have absolutely no financial interest in the rental. Post examples below.

My cousin recently stayed in a great apartment in Vista Mar in Juan Dolio. Contact the manager Peter via email info@vistamar.com for reservation info

I noticed a "For Rent" sign for the apartment building opposite Rocky's in Sosua. Tel: (809) 472 9999

========================

Paying advertisers keep DR1 alive and we go out of our way to protect their interests. Advertising on DR1 works!

Any questions, post here or PM me.

Robert.

Last edited:

marriosuffy

Apr 27, 2009
Can a real estate broker and a lawyer start a real estate company together? My fiance is considering becoming licensed to sell real estate. I am a first year law student. I have learned a little about real estate transactions and how they work. I understand the roles of both the broker and the attorney, but I'm wondering if my husband-to-be and I will be able to use our skills together to start our own business. Will I have to have a separate practice, or can the real estate lawyer be a part of the broker's company?

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
Can a real estate broker and a lawyer start a real estate company together? My fiance is considering becoming licensed to sell real estate. I am a first year law student. I have learned a little about real estate transactions and how they work. I understand the roles of both the broker and the attorney, but I'm wondering if my husband-to-be and I will be able to use our skills together to start our own business. Will I have to have a separate practice, or can the real estate lawyer be a part of the broker's company?

First, you do not need to be licensed in the Dominican Republic to sell real estate. Second, as a husband/wife or partner/partner team combining real estate and legal work you will not be the first. The country is teaming with them!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Let me add.

When you post a listing in our real estate section, it's also added to a website we use to get great rankings in Yahoo.

http://dominican-republic-realestate.net

See the attached (yahoo.gif) screen shot below using the most popular search phrase "dominican republic real estate".

Also, you get some other great benefits.

Message Board
You get to respond on the message board when some asks about buying real estate in the location you are selling your property. The message board can be a great source of leads, if you keep on top of whats being posted.

Google
Our real estate section is ranked VERY well in Google.

Screen shot attached (google.gif) I just took while logging in from the USA.

If you didn't know, Google results are different depending on your location.
We might rank in the #4 spot while checking from the USA and the #7 spot if your checking from the DR etc.

Money Back Guarantee
If you're not happy with the results, we will happily refund your money, it's that simple.

If you have any questions about listing your property, let me know.

Adam 88

Oct 31, 2011
Hi, First, you do not need to be licensed in the Dominican Republic to sell real estate. Second, as a husband/wife or partner/partner team combining real estate and legal work you will not be the first.

Tiny studio

Buenas D?as,

How would one organize finding an tiny 1 bedrm or studio furnished rental apartment in Santo Domingo ?

I am a journalist and Tefl business English teacher seriously thinking of a relocation from the Madrid Capital, Spain to D.R.

Does one require legal residency to rent an apartment ? Which documents does one require ?

All information on this topic shall be greatly appreciated.

Muchas Grac?as,
Periodista y Profesora

Last edited: