Directions to the new tollway please

beav16

Mar 2, 2009
Hello! Thank you in advance for your replies. We are coming to the DR for the first time next Monday. I have searched sites and even called the Ministry of Tourism in Miami but cannot seem to get much information on the new tollway. We are flying into Santo Domingo Las Americas Airport and renting a car. We need to get to the Samana' Peninsula and was told this road would cut the drive time in half. My questions are as follows:
1. How do I get to the tollway from the airport?
2. How much will it cost to use it?
3. Will it take me all the way to Samana' or do I need directions to go east at a certain point?
Thank you for your help!

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
After exiting the airport and taking the access road to the Autopista de Las Americas, you will turn Left (West) toward Santo Domingo. The toll road intersects this highway just a few ks West of the airport. The tollroad will end where it intersects the North coast highway near Nagua, and you will take that road East to Samana. I believe the toll for a car is 370 pesos each way.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
when you go through the toll - just after you turn onto the main highway to Santo Domingo - make sure you are in the right hand lane as the toll road to Samana turns off just after the toll (or at least it did last time I used it)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Last edited:

beav16

Mar 2, 2009
You guys are amazing!!

Thank you SOO much! I can't believe how wonderful and resourceful you all are! I couldn't get any information from the Ministry of Tourism, yet in 4 replies, I have more information than I could have hoped for! Thank you so much. Hope the directions to the Gran Bahia Cayacoa will be just as easy!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Thank you SOO much! I can't believe how wonderful and resourceful you all are! I couldn't get any information from the Ministry of Tourism, yet in 4 replies, I have more information than I could have hoped for! Thank you so much. Hope the directions to the Gran Bahia Cayacoa will be just as easy!

We have a great group of very knowledgeable posters :)

beav16

Mar 2, 2009
I have heard the road from Nagua to Samana is in quite bad shape. How long should this part of the journey take? Will finding the Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa be a problem?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It took us about an hour to an hour and a half driving at night - not recommended. After you get to Saman? town the hotel is on your right. If you don't see signposts, ask for directions.