Superb Sosua Dining and Overnighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Zeigler

Oct 10, 2008
Spread the word: Casa Veintiuno is a great place to dine and stay. By far, the best I have found in Sosua-Cabarete area. Belgians, Saskia and Marc, have designed an elegant, sleek destination--really a small boutique hotel with all the necessary attention to detail. Watch Marc prepare your delicious meal--from always fresh products--through the glass enclosed kitchen. Enjoy Saskia's gracious hospitality. Whether you dine or stay over or do both, you can't do wrong: you will want to return and become a "regular." I would love to hear from others about Casa Veintiuno to make sure I am not dreaming!!

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
I'll make sure i don't accidentally go to Casa Veintiuno and spend a single peso there. If the owner, whoever he is thinks I'm a moron and will fall for this "review", I can only imagine how is he gonna treat me as a costumer. No thanks.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Sometimes its best to leave spam up, just so people are aware what it looks like.

Pretty sad when you write your own reviews :(

ffritz

Feb 7, 2008
www.gymbar.blogspot.com
We went to Casa 21 a while ago in a party of 10. The welcome & surroundings were very nice & members of our party who saw the rooms said that they were excellent. Nicely furnished & with all the "mod-cons".

I ordered the steak with french fries. The steak was excellent but the fries arrived after I had finished my steak.

My parents subsequently returned to the restaurant & said the service was much better.

Personally I doubt I'll take a chance again cos I hate cold fries. It ain't rocket science to ensure the food is hot when it reaches the table, especially when I'm paying top-dollar for the privilege.

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
What are rates for rooms? Per night. Per week. Per month.

What is an average cost for dinner for two including all taxes and charges whatsoever? The total damage.

Thank you

edm7583

May 29, 2007
I just googled the website for this place. The rates are in Euro and are pretty steep. 140 Euro in the high season($176) but with an alleged special promo price of 85 Euro ($107). They have priced themselves out of the market big time! Do these people think they're in Paris? Most of the time, even the all-inclusives would be about the same if not cheaper! No wonder why they resort to fake reviews.
"I would love to hear about Casa Veintiuno from others to make sure I'm not dreaming."
*gag*
The menu for the restaurant is not on the website.

Last edited:

b.batista

Feb 21, 2008
No wonder why they resort to fake reviews.

"I would love to hear about Casa Veintiuno from others to make sure I'm not dreaming."

*gag*.

It is beyond being sad when the author is openly admitting he lacks ethics and integrity by pretending he is a satisfied client posting a review. Screw him. I would not eat or stay there is it was the last place in the world because I will not encourage bad behavior. I would be happier eating a burger on the beach at the skandinavian bar just knowing that I am dealing with a good guy. It makes my burger taste better. Good communities do not appear out of thin air. We have to make them.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Robert,
Not spam....The OP is a personal friend of ours who was staying there for the first time and was wowed by his experience.

Reactions: FernieBee

b.batista

Feb 21, 2008
Robert,
Not spam....The OP is a personal friend of ours who was staying there for the first time and was wowed by his experience.
You have got to be joking. Nobody makes reviews like that except owners or he was coached or he is a friend of the owners and made that review for them. If it walks like a duck it is a duck.

bakersindr

Jan 2, 2008
members.shaw.ca
As for Casa 21, we ate there a couple of weeks ago and were very happy and impressed with the dinner and service and the setting by the pool was beautiful. It is NOT a cheap dinner and isn't intended to be. Much superior to Casa Valeria etc. in my opinion.
P.S. NOT A FRIEND OF THE OWNERS!!! *SMILE*

Reactions: FernieBee

reese_in_va

Feb 22, 2007
I am horrified of the posts on this thread.
What is this? Gang up on Casa 21?
This is ridiculous smashing fellow foriegners trying to make it in this country...AND for what cold french fries? Do you know how long it takes fries to cool down? Not long at all.
I know the owners of this establishment personally and find them to be extremely nice and they have a beautiful place. They have the right to charge whatever they want, it's their business.
As for Casa 21 posting to generate more business like this, I highly doubt it. They are a bit more refined than that.
I recommend Casa 21.

krwilson

Apr 18, 2008
So..........will we see any apologies in this thread???!!! Now to read all these posts again, what is the truth??? And what proof was there that this was spam, Robert??? Thanks.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
The SPAM jury is still out until "George Zeigler" makes another post unfortunately.

Several friends of mine ate @ Casa Veintiuno Valentine's Day, and were impressed with both the food and ambiance. Perhaps they will post an actual review here for the naysayers.

tambo'

edm7583

May 29, 2007
Spread the word: Casa Veintiuno is a great place to dine and stay. By far, the best I have found in Sosua-Cabarete area. Belgians, Saskia and Marc, have designed an elegant, sleek destination--really a small boutique hotel with all the necessary attention to detail. Watch Marc prepare your delicious meal--from always fresh products--through the glass enclosed kitchen. Enjoy Saskia's gracious hospitality. Whether you dine or stay over or do both, you can't do wrong: you will want to return and become a "regular." I would love to hear from others about Casa Veintiuno to make sure I am not dreaming!!

I'm sorry but I'm still not convinced that this isn't spam. The way it is worded seems just so contrived and over the top. Every word just screams advertisement.

b.batista

Feb 21, 2008
I'm sorry but I'm still not convinced that this isn't spam. The way it is worded seems just so contrived and over the top. Every word just screams advertisement.

There is no doubt about it and if it wasn't the actual owner's fingers on the keyboard then he is behind it. I do not know how good the restaurant or hotel is and will never find out because I will never go there because of this spam post showing a level of deception that I refuse to encourage.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
There is no doubt about it and if it wasn't the actual owner's fingers on the keyboard then he is behind it. I do not know how good the restaurant or hotel is and will never find out because I will never go there because of this spam post showing a level of deception that I refuse to encourage.

If you dont love yourself, no one will ever will!!

belmundo

Apr 5, 2007
I would give them a try at the right price. Looks like a nice place. Can't blame them or their friends for trying to hype the place. Whoever wrote it just wasn't savy enough to make it sound unsolicited. Can't blame a guy for trying. I'd be interested to read some real reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.