GRiGri lagoon boat trip --- cost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
Can anyone please tell me the cost (or approximate cost) of a boat tour of Gri Gri lagoon --- that is if one simply turns up there, not the package deals from POP or Sosua etcetera. Other current information is also welcome.

(Driven by, and in other ways passed, RSJ for several years and this time we're going to see mangroves and all that.)

wakefrank

Jan 28, 2008
Hi, last year we drove up there on a scooter.

We arranged a boat with driver to take us through the lagoon, out to sea, playa grande and the batcave.
We had a 15 minute swim in the Piscina Natural (bay close to the lagoon with clear blue water!

We paid RDS 1000 so about USD 30 (?). And we had the boat all to ourselves.

The ride is about 1 hour on scooter. On your way back, stop at Playa Magente/Restaurant Los Gringos. Beautifull!

There's also a Tourcompany there called Njoy tours (NJoyTours). They offer boating and fishing trips from Playa Magente. They make a price incl or excl transport. So it's as custom as you want it to be.

Hope it helps. If you need momre info, just let me know!

Greetz
Frank

22-March/5th April in Cabarete again

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
We had 5 people in the boat and it cost $40 US. Depends on what day and what time of day I'm told. Like anything else, weekends cost more.

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
Thanks guys. I'm reading about 1000 RD . . . and of course a useful reminder to avoid the weekend.

One of the reasons for doing it not-with-a-group was indeed to stop over at Los Gringos to re-visit Patrick. We stayed there a few years ago for a few days. Watching him cook is almost (I say almost) as good as eating it when it's been cooked.

wbr

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
There's also a Tourcompany there called Njoy tours (NJoyTours). They offer boating and fishing trips from Playa Magente. They make a price incl or excl transport. So it's as custom as you want it to be.

Any idea on the pricing with NJoy tours? There does not seem to be any on their website. Thanks

wakefrank

Jan 28, 2008
Hi!
No idea, they are also on Skype.
They have no standard trips so no standard pricing. They make a custom offer depending on wishes an time etc.

their Skype: njoytours

We were in the lagoon on a Friday and we were the only ones haha so indeed.. avoid te weekend. Also the drive is very quit then.

Status
Not open for further replies.