Looking for 1-3 Month Apt Rental in Cabarete

rachelne

Jan 6, 2009
Hello,

I'm kind of new to this forum. Trying to figure out how everything works. But, no worries, before you send me to the search box, I did search for this and read through dozens of posts made by other individuals. Even PMed some of them to see how their search went and if they have any suggestions. And I have had some luck, honestly, but I wanted to ask the forum as a whole, hoping to get a better perspective.

I visited the DR twice last year and loved it! I just graduated from college last year and I spend my days sitting in a cubicle. In short, I'm miserable. So I thought I'd might spend an extended stay on the beautiful beaches of Cabarete while I figure out what I want to do with myself that doesn't involve sitting in a cubicle.

I was hoping to find some type of employment, if only part-time. My degree is in English, but it seems that English teachers are not as in demand as I might have expected. If anyone has information otherwise I would really appreciate the advice.

I'm looking to come down to Cabarete in the next few months to stay for anywhere from 1-3 months and am looking for a 1 bedroom or studio apt for around $500 a month. I don't need much though the internet would be nice and I want to make sure that it is safe! That's really my number one priority.

I've been to DR1's rentals and there is one there I am considering. And I know many of you will suggest getting there and finding a place, but as I'd be traveling on my own I'd almost feel more comfortable if I already had somewhere to go, though I am considering the alternative.

Any suggestions or advice would be very appreciated!

Thanks!
Rachel

P.S. Before anyone makes an insinuation, no I am not going for a guy or the swindling ways of a sankie. It seems many members think that's the only reason a gringa would want to spend time in the DR. With me that is not the case. (Though I admit the men there are pretty.)

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Look at cita del sol or sans souci for your price range. Many others I guess but those are centrally located and reasonably secure. Cita del sol def has Internet. Sans souci some rooms do.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Hello,

P.S. Before anyone makes an insinuation, no I am not going for a guy or the swindling ways of a sankie. It seems many members think that's the only reason a gringa would want to spend time in the DR. With me that is not the case. (Though I admit the men there are pretty.)

sure..............................

rachelne

Jan 6, 2009
CFA123: Thanks. I think cita del sol might still end up being pretty pricey for a month-long stay. Around $1000 for the month unless I'm reading the prices wrong. Sans Souci looks pretty good. Anyone have a suggestion as to which location they preferred?

Bronxboy: Just because I'm not naive enough to fall madly in love with a con artist doesn't mean I won't enjoy the attention of some sexy Latin men....I'm twenty-two. Cut me some slack.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Bronxboy: Just because I'm not naive enough to fall madly in love with a con artist doesn't mean I won't enjoy the attention of some sexy Latin men....I'm twenty-two. Cut me some slack.

Rachelne:

You need to do what is best for you.

Good luck.

I also enjoy the attention of some sexy Latin women BUT I do not need to go to the DR or any other country to get this attention.

snowbird44

Oct 29, 2004
CFA123: Thanks. I think cita del sol might still end up being pretty pricey for a month-long stay. Around $1000 for the month unless I'm reading the prices wrong. Sans Souci looks pretty good. Anyone have a suggestion as to which location they preferred?

I know for a fact that Cita del Sol has a few apartments that rent for about $500. These are basic one bedroom apartments with kitchen and bath depending on availability of course. All have cable and internet and security guard at night. PM me, if you like.

rachelne

Jan 6, 2009
Rachelne:

You need to do what is best for you.

Good luck.

I also enjoy the attention of some sexy Latin women BUT I do not need to go to the DR or any other country to get this attention.

Well seeing as you're from the Bronx (assumingly) you wouldnt have to! But being that I'm currently residing in Small Town, USA, I at least have to leave the area, though not necessarily the country, to even see someone of Latin heritage.

I'm going for the beach and to improve my Spanish. Dare I say find myself?

Last edited:

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
Rachelne:

When I was your age my two best friends did exactly that, I couldnt join them as I had a 3 year old at the time!

What was supposed to be 6 months in DR ended up being almost 3 years, Now they moved from DR to Puerto Rico, then Costa Rica, They said it was the best experience and they loved every minute of it..however they had each other for support!

I'm glad to hear your number one priority is safety, I wish you all the best.

senorblanco

Jun 11, 2006
Hi Rachelne,
PM me and I will see if we can get you something nice for a substantially lower price. 1000 dollars is for the nicest apartments during the high season.
High season is winding down and we have some really sweet apartments that are much more affordable. Otherwise you might condier renting a bit out of town. The further out you go the lower the rents. However you then have to contend with the numerous other issues that go along with being outside the center of town.
Ciao !

donmobay

Say what ! ???
Dec 10, 2005
go to las terranas.. forget the big C. and it might be hard to find a place there. in L.T. they are happy to see you. and you rent is o.k. safty o.k. I have not been there yet but one of my amiegos does. he is very happy there. He evan pays for a private car r/t from santiago.

stelen123

Jan 13, 2006
go to las terranas.. forget the big C. and it might be hard to find a place there. in L.T. they are happy to see you. and you rent is o.k. safty o.k. I have not been there yet but one of my amiegos does. he is very happy there. He evan pays for a private car r/t from santiago.

Very good advise from someone never been there...:)

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
If my understanding of the OP's initial post is correct, she is looking for a suggestion of accomodation in Cabarete, NOT where in the DR to travel;)

senorblanco

Jun 11, 2006
Originally Posted by donmobay View Post

Strange post donmobay.
Why forget the big C?
"might be hard to rent a place here"
Sounds like you may never have been here either.
We are here to try to help people with solid advise not unfounded BS!
There are 1000's of rentals available in Cabarete from houses and villas to apartments and condos?
Safety is better in LT? Care to provide some substantial facts to support that claim?
"people are happy to see you"
Are you suggesting that the people in "the big C" are not?

You can pay for a private car from anywhere to anywhere on the the island.

If the "Big D" has any thing valid to offer i would be shocked.
Disregard his advise. That is my advise.